Thread: APA Missouri State Meet

Banned

APA Missouri State Meet

Went to another one of Rodney's meets today and it was a great time. My plan was to get a PR squat, some good work in the shirt, and see how my dl felt. Well, my plan apparently didn't matter, haha. And to top it off, I weighed in at 277.2 so I was in the 308's.

Squat - felt good in warmups but had bar positioning issues.
    875 - miss, bar too high, got out of groove
    875 - good
    900 - miss

Bench - opened raw to make sure I got one in
    365 - good
    580 - miss, rolled off my wrist
    580 - touched! and then I got stalled at lockout. This was a huge improvement over last week though - got some great ideas from people on shirt work.

Deadlift - my back was toast at this point!
    635 - felt like a ton, but good
    665 - miss at the knees
    665 sumo - miss, but got some feedback that maybe I'm built to pul sumo. Since I'm out of strongman for the time being, I may try this. My pull has gone down steadily since I took out the strongman work. i think the lack of back endurance has something to do with it.

Overall, I learned some lessons. One being that you can't mess around with your training the last 2 weeks leading up when using gear. I need my tech dialed in a little more. The other is that I should not drive 4.5 hours in the morning of to lift.. Huge thanks to Sean who had a great day that I'll let him tell you about. Also, thanks to Matt Reynolds, Will (Derek's training partner), and Binford for spotting and helping with my bench efforts.

Great big thanks goes to At Large Nutrition, APT Pro Gear, and Synergy Health and Wellness because without them this meet wouldn't have been possible.

875 squat, not that good of a meet...

you are new to shirted benching, i think once you get your technique down you'll be fine.

good job man, and dont be discouraged.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Banned
    Not discouraged just frustrated. Thanks Lones

Found out the squat is a Missouri State Record for the APA so that's cool.

Killer work on touching the 580 bud!!! Thats great! You'll get to takin care of business very soon I'm sure

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Great squat and good attempts dont worry about the Missed attempts youll hit them next time

NASA KY CHAIRMAN NASAKYCHAIRMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
    Went to another one of Rodney's meets today and it was a great time. My plan was to get a PR squat, some good work in the shirt, and see how my dl felt. Well, my plan apparently didn't matter, haha. And to top it off, I weighed in at 277.2 so I was in the 308's.

Squat - felt good in warmups but had bar positioning issues.
    875 - miss, bar too high, got out of groove
    875 - good
    900 - miss

Bench - opened raw to make sure I got one in
    365 - good
    580 - miss, rolled off my wrist
    580 - touched! and then I got stalled at lockout. This was a huge improvement over last week though - got some great ideas from people on shirt work.

Deadlift - my back was toast at this point!
    635 - felt like a ton, but good
    665 - miss at the knees
    665 sumo - miss, but got some feedback that maybe I'm built to pul sumo. Since I'm out of strongman for the time being, I may try this. My pull has gone down steadily since I took out the strongman work. i think the lack of back endurance has something to do with it.

Overall, I learned some lessons. One being that you can't mess around with your training the last 2 weeks leading up when using gear. I need my tech dialed in a little more. The other is that I should not drive 4.5 hours in the morning of to lift.. Huge thanks to Sean who had a great day that I'll let him tell you about. Also, thanks to Matt Reynolds, Will (Derek's training partner), and Binford for spotting and helping with my bench efforts.

Great big thanks goes to At Large Nutrition, APT Pro Gear, and Synergy Health and Wellness because without them this meet wouldn't have been possible.
    Congratulations

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NASAKYCHAIRMAN

Great work Ben, wish I could have made it.
    sponsored by Anderson powerlifting (Titan gear) AtLarge nutrition and APT prowriststraps

How sad do you have to be to lie to people on the internet. How weak or broken do you have to be to lie about how tough you are, how much you lift or how big or lean you are? You are lying to people you will never meet. The worst part is your the only one that does not see the lies show through so clearly. Just be happy with what you have, it may not be what you once had, but it is still better than many will ever have

you have good ones you have bad ones, either way you learn something every time. But the best thing to do is to always look to compete and compete as often as possible.

Congrats on the meet.
    Proudly sponsored:
    EliteFTS - APT Pro Straps - Spud Inc. - LG Sciences

Banned
    Thanks guys

Al - my schedule is crazy, but I haven't forgotten about your offer to come train.