The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Did a Meet this weekend with Video

It was a Touch and go Bench Press Meet The bench was Really wobbly so thats why these Benches looked as if i was leaning toward the right cause i was Lol! I just went 475 for a opener then i did 500 but the first attempt didnt get cause the bench thru me off then did 500 again and got it then did 530 but the weight went to the right again Anyway it was a lot of fun i gotta encourage any of you guys that have never competed to give these competitions a try there great experience and you will not regret it as they will help you prepare for the Big time competitions.Special thanx to my good friend Nick Winters for inviting me to lift and for the Spots. Heres Vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv0L-teGRDY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s3C8aNIstg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLf-o49bU0g

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

UPA Lousiana Chairman Eric Downey's Avatar
    You look strong bro. I'd like to see you lose the elbow wraps. Work on staying tight when coming down and you wont be so all over the place like you were on the first one.
    CLASH FOR CASH RAW504 SEPT. 11, 2010 KENNER, LA CLICK FOR INFO
    Eric "BIG EZY" Downey
    RAW BENCH BEST: 523 Raw Unity 2010
    RAW UNITY VID
    RAW TOTAL BEST:534.5 - 507 - 556.5 1598 APA Raw Nationals 2010
    534 SQUAT
    507 BENCH
    556 DEADLIFT
    Facebook YOUTUBE

I take it this was an unsanctioned meet? Surprised they let you wear elbow wraps

cool vids though!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Banned
    strong bench'n there

Yeah Travis it was a unsactioned meet i will lose the wraps pretty soon ive been feeling better lately and i havent been using bands so that has played a large roll in my recovery in a few weeks im hoping to be healed up to where i dont need the wraps anymore and i stayed pretty controlled i thought this time. like i was saying the bench was pretty bad youd have to be there to see what i was talking about thats why i had trouble half way up the way i did.
    Thanx Strong Kid 963
    Last edited by Erik 23; 06-29-2008 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Downey View Post
    You look strong bro. I'd like to see you lose the elbow wraps. Work on staying tight when coming down and you wont be so all over the place like you were on the first one.
    actually the bench was a death trap from hell, it wobbled really bad and a frame weld broke during the meet before we even got a chance to warmup. I only went to 625 because the bench almost collapsed when I did that. His form is getting much better! The meet was not sanctioned at all, it was just for ****s and giggles, and to help get people interested in powerlifting.

P.s. Erik almost smoked 530 but he was rolling off the bench when it got to lockout because the bench was so ****ty.
    Last edited by NickW; 06-29-2008 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NickW View Post
    actually the bench was a death trap from hell, it wobbled really bad and a frame weld broke during the meet before we even got a chance to warmup. I only went to 625 because the bench almost collapsed when I did that. His form is getting much better! The meet was not sanctioned at all, it was just for ****s and giggles, and to help get people interested in powerlifting.

P.s. Erik almost smoked 530 but he was rolling off the bench when it got to lockout because the bench was so ****ty.
    Thanx Nick, Yeah Nick Smoked that 625 also.It looked like a warmup

NASA KY CHAIRMAN NASAKYCHAIRMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik 23 View Post
    It was a Touch and go Bench Press Meet The bench was Really wobbly so thats why these Benches looked as if i was leaning toward the right cause i was Lol! I just went 475 for a opener then i did 500 but the first attempt didnt get cause the bench thru me off then did 500 again and got it then did 530 but the weight went to the right again Anyway it was a lot of fun i gotta encourage any of you guys that have never competed to give these competitions a try there great experience and you will not regret it as they will help you prepare for the Big time competitions.Special thanx to my good friend Nick Winters for inviting me to lift and for the Spots. Heres Vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv0L-teGRDY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s3C8aNIstg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLf-o49bU0g

Looking strong

Congratulations!

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NASAKYCHAIRMAN

Quote Originally Posted by NASAKYCHAIRMAN View Post
    Looking strong

Congratulations!

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NASAKYCHAIRMAN
    Thanx Jt appreciate the support Lookin forward to see you compete in the near future also i love watching your videos

Strong lifting, man! I like the part in the first video where someone says "man, this is some real firing up music right here" or something to that affect, haha!

Good stuff Eric! You need to make it to the Pro-Am in August if you can.

Chris

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Good stuff Eric! You need to make it to the Pro-Am in August if you can.

Chris
    I will try and get him there, he is going to be the next 600lb raw bencher. I have seen him hit some incredible numbers in the gym, and once his elbows stop hurting so much he is just going to get better!

Looking Strong Erik!!! Hope you bring that donw here with ya this winter for the Charity meet

As for the bench well if it had a broken weld I'd been out of there. That is crazy!!!

Oh Yeah always nice to see the Danimal at meets
    MONSTER MODE

Quote Originally Posted by jbrin0tk View Post
    Strong lifting, man! I like the part in the first video where someone says "man, this is some real firing up music right here" or something to that affect, haha!
    Thanx Jbrinotk I appreciate the support Haha yeah that music really had me pumped up Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Good stuff Eric! You need to make it to the Pro-Am in August if you can. Thanx Chris I appreciate the kind words yeah Definately i would love to come down there ill try to make it i gotta find out the date

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwolfe View Post
    Looking Strong Erik!!! Hope you bring that donw here with ya this winter for the Charity meet

As for the bench well if it had a broken weld I'd been out of there. That is crazy!!!

Oh Yeah always nice to see the Danimal at meets
    Thanx Mike for the Support Yeah on the bench thats why i didnt try to go any Higher because of that broken weld. oh and i for sure will bring this down there, i will try my best at your meet this year i wanna say the meet was awesome i had a blast meeting you and George halbert, and everyone was Really cool Ive been Training Very Hard and looking forward to Doing the Charity meet again i am for sure gonna be coming down for this one. And yeah the Danimal is real cool also Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by NickW View Post
    I will try and get him there, he is going to be the next 600lb raw bencher. I have seen him hit some incredible numbers in the gym, and once his elbows stop hurting so much he is just going to get better!
    Thanx for the kind words Nick

Looking Strong Brother and Form Looks good
    Best Raw Squatter and Sponsored by the Best AtLarge Nutrition, Titan, and APT.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong51 View Post
    Looking Strong Brother and Form Looks good
    Thanx Rob i appreciate the kind words Nick has helped me tremendously with my form issues