The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

1 night of drinking and I feel like S***

I am 21 and used to drink a lot. For the last month I have really decided to be serious about my diet and training so I have only drink about once in the past month. The other night I went out to watch a basketball game and drank about 8 beers and 6 shots. I know that's a lot but I came home and drank water and went to bed. For the past few days I have felt like HELL! I know it's a hangover and whatever but this isn't a typical hangover. I used to be able to drink 4-5 nights and week and be able to get over it in an hour or so. So my question is, Is my body feeling like such **** because it's been used to a very clean diet and me taking care of myself and then all sudden me putting a bunch of alcohol in it? From the one night of drinking I feel like I have been off from lifting for a week and ate like crap? IS this abnormal ?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

are you sure you're not sick or something?
    -Matt
    gym lifts: squat: 341lbs, deadlift: 374lbs, bench: 275lbs
    My journal: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85034
    "Fk you and the Prowler you rode in on"

Quote Originally Posted by The Bran Man View Post
    IS this abnormal ?
    nope

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nhlfan View Post
    are you sure you're not sick or something?
    Nope not sick, I feel alright today but it's Tuesday and I drank Saturday. I just felt achy and sore. I wonder if it was from being so dehydrated from the alcohol combined with creatine earlier in the day. My new plan is to forget drinking and get "JACKED"
    Last edited by The Bran Man; 02-26-2008 at 08:14 AM.

I get hangovers from hell now. I used to be able to drink a whole lot more back in the good ol' High School days but now I rarely drink and when I do, which usually isn't a lot, it kills me the next day or two.

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

I cut back on my drinking as I tend to Black out... and people I hang with had a problem controlling my behavior. I would definately vote for getting jacked as opposed to drinking. I'm 28 now and I drink only on Sundays during football season. My friends always poke fun at me when I go out with them on Saturday nights and I order a diet coke, but when I'm jacked and their fat, I'll be the one that's laughing.
    GOALS:
    Current Weight 242 4/16/10
    Bench - 275 current / 315 Goal
    Squat - 225 / 285* Goal
    Deadlift - 325 current / 365* Goal
    *Note: Herniated L5/S1 disk since 2001, almost bone on bone.
    ***Journal***

You built up a tolerance to alcohol(by drinking a lot), then you stopped drinking, and lost the tolerance. Then you drank, now you feel like crap. Pretty common if you ask me.
    5'10"

Ultra Nasty Hypertrophy journal (HCT-12)-http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...rnal!-(HCT-12)

Old My 5-3-1 Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132576

You might still be dehydrated. Drink more water. When I get dehydrated it takes a few days to get back if I don't force myself to consume a lot of water.

Bicster
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bran Man View Post
    I am 21 and used to drink a lot. The other night I went out to watch a basketball game and drank about 8 beers and 6 shots. I know that's a lot but I came home and drank water and went to bed. I used to be able to drink 4-5 nights and week and be able to get over it in an hour or so.
    You have a drinking problem. You should seek some help with someone that can get to the root cause of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicster View Post
    You have a drinking problem. You should seek some help with someone that can get to the root cause of it.
    LOL, what makes you say that?

He said he USED to drink a lot.

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

It's probably the dehydration. I think creatine makes it worse. I noticed when I started taking creatine the hangovers got way worse. It makes sense creatine makes your body retain water so you get a high amount of water in your body and then you drink alcohol which dehydrates you. So you flush all that water out of your body you go from 110% to 10% in one night. Now your creatine pumped body needs water and you gotta give it to it fast and in large amounts something that isn't always easy after a night of drinking.
    Age 24
    Weight 180lbs Goal 200lbs by 06/01/08
    Height 6'1"
    Journal
    Bench 150x6 Goal 200
    Squats 165x5 Goal 250
    Deadlift 205x6 Goal 300
    "Speed has never killed anyone, it's suddenly becoming stationary that will get you."

Bicster
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    LOL, what makes you say that?

He said he USED to drink a lot.
    yet just the other night he had 14 drinks.

So someone has a drinking problem if they have 8 beers and 6 shots?

maybe your drink got spiked or something???never had a hangover for more than 1 day!
    It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am.

Ex-Twig. Future Freak. Rock Steady's Avatar
    He has the word "Crackhead" under his name and you're concerned about his drinking? :P

Anyway, the guy is 21. Let him get wasted. The very fact that he drinks less and he's aware of the effect tells me that he'll be fine.
    My Journal & Before/After Bulk Pictures
    6'1, 217 lbs
    Lifts (lbs): D:465 / SQ (to ||):335 / DB Bench: 110s x 4 / TK:8

Banned
    Last edited by The Bran Man; 02-26-2008 at 03:57 PM.

Bicster
    So someone has a drinking problem if they have 8 beers and 6 shots?
    yes, that is exactly what i said. well done.

Well done?

Sounds like someone didn't have fun when they were young.

The Planet of Water and Iron, Galveston TX
    Alcohol is poisonous, they call it inTOXICated.

Your tolerance has been reduced, thats a good thing. Cheaper to get a buzz!
    Last edited by Wednesday.; 02-26-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    Stay calm and aggressive. -Gabby Reece

Bicster
    Well done?

so i didnt have fun when i was young b/c i think drinking 4-5 nights per week and having 14 drinks in one night is both unhealthy and symptomatic of an underlying set of issues?

Banned
    Well done?

so i didnt have fun when i was young b/c i think drinking 4-5 nights per week and having 14 drinks in one night is both unhealthy and symptomatic of an underlying set of issues?
    No, because you consider someone to have a drinking problem if they consume 14 drinks in one night. The guy doesn't have a drinking problem. End it at that.

No, because you consider someone to have a drinking problem if they consume 14 drinks in one night. The guy doesn't have a drinking problem. End it at that.
    word.
    At 21 I was drinking as often as this young buck. But I had my **** together, and never would I, nor anyone consider me to have an alcohol problem for drinking a ton in a night/weekend and so fourth. Now at 26, and at law school it may happen occasionally, once a month or two months. Doesnt mean I have a drinking problem. For those that think that I do, it sounds like they have a problem with alcohol consumption in general.
    Anyways, its probably/likely the creatine. Something similar happened to me, only on a lighter scale. Had creatine and lifted in the morning. Went about my day similarly to any other day. Only it was a saturday, and I had a few beers later that afternoon with a meal. Didnt even get drunk. Had many stomach cramps that night that were somewhat painful.
    So its likely the creatine, if you took some that day, if the drinking was closely after taking creatine. Are you loading up on creatine?

Bicster
    Quote Originally Posted by wesside View Post
    word.
    At 21 I was drinking as often as this young buck. But I had my **** together, and never would I, nor anyone consider me to have an alcohol problem for drinking a ton in a night/weekend and so fourth. Now at 26, and at law school it may happen occasionally, once a month or two months. Doesnt mean I have a drinking problem. For those that think that I do, it sounds like they have a problem with alcohol consumption in general.
    Anyways, its probably/likely the creatine. Something similar happened to me, only on a lighter scale. Had creatine and lifted in the morning. Went about my day similarly to any other day. Only it was a saturday, and I had a few beers later that afternoon with a meal. Didnt even get drunk. Had many stomach cramps that night that were somewhat painful.
    So its likely the creatine, if you took some that day, if the drinking was closely after taking creatine. Are you loading up on creatine?

he said he drank 4-5 nights a week. thats not normal.

Banned
    he said he drank 4-5 nights a week. thats not normal.
    dude I don't know what you did in college but it doesn't like you had much fun. And I do have my **** together. I drank 4-5 nights a week for the first few weeks that I was 21, but it didn't take long to get over that. Get over it, thanks for the responses guy's.

Close/THREAD