The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Low Back Pain!

Low Back Pain!

Ok when ever i sit with bad posture I get lower back pain. While doing any lower back exercises I get a soar lower back. Could this be because of my upper back being stronger than my lower back? I don't know if its working harder to catch up so its soar or what. Should I see a doc or just see if it works its self out after a few days?
    Last edited by Be_Rye; 06-30-2008 at 10:14 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    i get bad back pan cu of my posture go to chiropractor

its only when i slouch.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Be_Rye View Post
    its only when i slouch.
    me 2. go to chriposractor

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan152 View Post
    me 2. go to chriposractor
    Chiropractors are awesome. MDs give them such bad reps.

Banned
    Youve gotta get into the habit of stretching your back out a few times a day.When you wake up,before your workout,and before bed.Also,make sure your sleeping on a decent mattress.For me,wearing a belt too much in my youth had me weak in the lower back,therefore creating lots of problems.Now I only wear one when Im squatting or deadlifting heavy.

You want to avoid twisting stretches for the back. Your spine is not meant to move too far that way and you could cause more issues. Try rolling on your back on a tennis or lacrosse ball. Go up and down and when you pinpoint a spot that particularly hurts, lay on that spot on the ball for 45 seconds and you'll feel some of the pain release. You'll notice a big difference after a while. Foam rolling works great, too.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Be_Rye View Post
    Ok when ever i sit with bad posture I get lower back pain. While doing any lower back exercises I get a soar lower back. Could this be because of my upper back being stronger than my lower back? I don't know if its working harder to catch up so its soar or what. Should I see a doc or just see if it works its self out after a few days?
    Sore.

You could have inflammation in your lower back- that's what I currently have. My chiro is working with me on this issue. I also get pain (doesn't feel muscular at all, feels deeper, almost skeletal) when slouching, when bending forward... things such as bent over rows are not even on the menu for me. Sound like something you're experiencing?

I found that doing cable rows while seated, with a wide grip (approx. 2' wide handle) is pain-free. Narrow or mid-width grip kills... will grill my chiro about why that is today.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Quote Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
    Sore.

You could have inflammation in your lower back- that's what I currently have. My chiro is working with me on this issue. I also get pain (doesn't feel muscular at all, feels deeper, almost skeletal) when slouching, when bending forward... things such as bent over rows are not even on the menu for me. Sound like something you're experiencing?

I found that doing cable rows while seated, with a wide grip (approx. 2' wide handle) is pain-free. Narrow or mid-width grip kills... will grill my chiro about why that is today.
    not really... it doesn't hurt on the spine or muscle its above these dimples i have on my lower back.