Thread: Nuatilus machines

Nautilus machines

Checking out other gyms in my area, I found one containing Nautilus machines.
    I tried out the bi & tri machines and received an excellent pump, however, even though the gym was at peak time, the Nautilus gear was all but being ignored.
    The technology behind these machines with their cams sounds convincing.
    Do you have Nautilus @ your gym, if so do you use it?, which machines? and further, have you had results from them?
    Last edited by Van Stretch; 03-23-2002 at 09:35 PM.
    Keep it simple

Nautilus machines are excellent. I have used them extensively in the past, and enjoyed them very much.

Joey54's crazy partner DumbbellTosser's Avatar
    Nautilus machines can have their advantages... but in my oppinion... free weights can never be replaced as being superior.
    It's like I'm a juicer... but I'm not.

I find that the nautilus machines are superior for isolating certain muscles. For instance, i used to do dumbbell flyes for my pecs after doing bench press. The problem is that in the beginning of the movement (when your arms are out) you get a lot of resistance but as you raise the weight, the resistance drops (at the end of the motion your just holding the DB's straight up. virtually no resistance for your pecs). I switched over to the Nautilus fly machine and found that it gives me a much better isolated pectoral workout because the resistance is about the same throughout the whole movement.

I wouldn't substitute the Nautilus machines for compound exercises like bench press but for isolation exercises they seem to work pretty darn well.
    teh ownz joo all 4 free! if joo don't like it, you is teh GHEY!
    -Voodazz

FREAKZILLA

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    at the top of the flyes, if there's no pressure on the pec, trying to add pressure with a machine would put it on the delt would it not?

but yeah, I do enjoy switching up using nautalis every now and then

nautilus nitro leg extension machine totally rocks. nautilus leg press sucks for me, i hate it i prefer cybex and hammer strength's. nautilus chest and upper body machines in general rock except i am not a pullover fan so i dont like their pullover machine (not a knock on the product). nautilus has a much smoother resistance with less friction. definitely in the top tier of machines. i still prefer free weights but for isolation, nautilus is great.

-tony

nautilus=ace
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.