Thread: How the hell do you crazy bast***ds deadlift so much weight?

How the hell do you crazy bast***ds deadlift so much weight?

I just got 345 x 5 for my first time yesterday, and I don't feel as if I stalled out yet. I can probably continue to add 5 lbs. per week for another few workouts until I'm maybe up to 375 or so. But DAMN, 345 felt pretty damn heavy to me.

But how the hell do you crazy SOB's manage to deadlift up over 600 lbs. and stuff?? Actually I know how you do it. You train your ass off until you do it, but I'm just saying that 600+ lbs. is insane. 600+ lb. squat.... yup that's also insane.

My PR's right now are:

Squat - 255 x 5
    Deadlift - 345 x 5
    Bench - 217 x 5

I don't know what my 1RM's are though. It definately feels heavy to me now though, lol.

Banned
    There's a running theme in most threads - years of training consistently. I've been training consistently for 15+ years. There is no secret and it won't happen overnight. Find some training partners and get to work.

Ya I know. I've been busting my a** for about a year now. I'm just amazed at how people can squat and deadlift so much weight when my lifts feel so damn heavy now, lol. Much respect to everyone though that does it.

Banned
    345 x 5 is no joke for a raw lifter.your 1 RM could be around 405-420.Wait another 5 years.I didnt start really deadlifting seriously until 3 yrs ago.Once I started using the westside template and talking to other powerlifters I learned a ton.Do alot of low back work,hamstrings,db rows,etc.To master a movement,you must dissect it.Rack pulls,pulls off plates too.Your pulling good weight now,so keep at it.
    Last edited by Tennessee Mike; 07-03-2008 at 12:29 PM.

Wannabebig Member David_HoffWSBB's Avatar
    heavy rack pulls , hypers , calf ham glutes, sled dragging, safety squat bar, speed pulls with bands thats how i did it

my question is how do you get 345X5!!!!! i'm a freaking weakling....couldnt even get that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by David_HoffWSBB View Post
    heavy rack pulls , hypers , calf ham glutes, sled dragging, safety squat bar, speed pulls with bands thats how i did it
    Now I know what I'm gonna do for my ME! :lol:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BCorn View Post
    my question is how do you get 345X5!!!!! i'm a freaking weakling....couldnt even get that.
    Do you deadlift? Cause if you don't, then there's absolutely no reason for you to be able to deadlift alot.

Anyway, for starters, here are my suggestions:

1. http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=82345

2. http://westside-barbell.com/articles.htm

3. http://www.powerpage.net/coanphildead.html

If you have the courage to do so.... http://www.joeskopec.com/smolov.html

I'm not sure if the Smolov program can be done to the deadlift but oh well...

ask 4000 questions for advice on this or that subject, then immediately turn around and give a bunch of advanced training advice on every single thread you see opportunity to do so. You are just like Rock-ten at the P&B. Amazing.

putting in your time...pretty m uch covers it
    Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!

Banned
    That's how I feel about bench press. Every single workout. Ever.

Also deadlifts are a mind game. Just because 345 feels heavy as **** doens't mean you can't do 355...you just need the stealy focus and concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpikeyThing View Post
    That's how I feel about bench press. Every single workout. Ever.

Also deadlifts are a mind game. Just because 345 feels heavy as **** doens't mean you can't do 355...you just need the stealy focus and concentration.
    yeah, i was deadlifting weight that i thought was pretty heavy and then added 10 pounds and did it for the same amount of reps

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
    There's a running theme in most threads - years of training consistently. I've been training consistently for 15+ years. There is no secret and it won't happen overnight. Find some training partners and get to work.
    Genes also play a factor too.

Not every man that trains can achieve these huge lifts.
    Last edited by alex11012; 07-04-2008 at 03:55 AM.

UPA Lousiana Chairman Eric Downey's Avatar
    What you talking about my dead sucks. My arms are just to short. I they were a half inch linger it would make all the difference.
    CLASH FOR CASH RAW504 SEPT. 11, 2010 KENNER, LA CLICK FOR INFO
    Eric "BIG EZY" Downey
    RAW BENCH BEST: 523 Raw Unity 2010
    RAW UNITY VID
    RAW TOTAL BEST:534.5 - 507 - 556.5 1598 APA Raw Nationals 2010
    534 SQUAT
    507 BENCH
    556 DEADLIFT
    Facebook YOUTUBE

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alex11012 View Post
    Genes also play a factor too.

Not every man that trains can achieve these huge lifts.
    Don't cry about genetics. I can go off for 10 pages on why my genetics suck as a powerlifter. It has nothing to do with genetics. Reach down between your legs and find a pair of balls. That's what it takes to lift big weights.

Genetics is the weak man's excuse for why he sucks at life. Don't be that guy.

the more you weigh the easier it is to understand why you can lift so much weight.

When I started my goal was the elusive 405 at 215lbs, now Im 320lbs and can get 700 for a few reps with lifting straps touch and go.

405 is big weight... for a guy who is 150, 500 is big weight, for a guy who is 200lbs etc. Its obvious to me why big guys lift allot, whats not clear is how small guys lift allot. Like a 600 deadlift at 180 is just hard for me to wrap my mind around.
    YOU CANT BUY STRENGTH

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post
    Don't cry about genetics. I can go off for 10 pages on why my genetics suck as a powerlifter. It has nothing to do with genetics. Reach down between your legs and find a pair of balls. That's what it takes to lift big weights.

quoted for truth, you never know what your genetics are anyway until you gained 100+lbs and trained as smart and hard as possible for many years to begin with. Weight gain, and training will over come some of the most **** genetics you have ever seen.
    YOU CANT BUY STRENGTH

Banned

Rhodes - you need to write a book with all your one-liners. Classic.

Wannabebig Member

I'm not crying about genetics. I'm quite happy with how my lifts are progressing.

I'm just stating like in all sports some are better suited than others to lifting very heavy weights.

[Looks down]
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    [Grabs balls] [tries to lift weights at the same time]
    Last edited by alex11012; 07-07-2008 at 02:13 AM.