The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Strange hand pain..

My right hand has been bothering me the past few days. If I spread my index finger and middle finger away from eachother or away from the thumb, I get a fairly sharp, deep pain that goes down my hand towards the wrist. It hurts if I hold them in that position, but does not hurt once I let go. It also hurts if I bend them back AND to the right. I also have no pulling ability in these two fingers without pain (for instance, when I turned the shower on this morning I grabbed the 'fin' of the shower knob with those two fingers and tried to pull it towards me). I can carry things with them just fine (holding a 2.5 liter bottle of acetone with those two fingers causes no pain). There is no bruising or pooled blood anywhere, so I figured nothing was broken.

The most likely cause was we were doing takedowns in BJJ and I was taken down during drilling and my hand was flat on the mat and the other kid landed his knee on it and sort of rolled his knee across my hand by accident from thumb to pinky. It hurt afterwards but was fine for the rest of class, but has been getting a bit worse since Monday. I thought maybe he just bruised the muscles in my hand or something and that they are just sore and healing, but I'm not so sure.
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

Do you understand that the second you
    look in the mirror and you're happy with
    what you see, baby, you just
    lost the battle!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I think its just strained muscles in the hand. I get it all the time after playing sports involving hands like volleyball, basketball, baseball..etc. Even after hockey sometimes i'll get the same feeling.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

This happened to me a few weeks ago during Judo. Kid had a massively over-sized gi on and my ring and index finger got caught in it on a throw. Felt fine until the next day. It got all swollen and blue and purple, thought it was broke but after a few days swelling went down and it was better. It still hurts a little bit every now and then, but other than that it's good to go.