Thread: Tired of being little

Wannabebig New Member

Tired of being little

I"m new here so take it easy on me.........I'm 21 years old 6'0 and only weight 140 lbs on a good day.....i lift weights but not gettin any bigger what is somethings i can take or work outs i could use to get bigger?........is there a such thing as gettin big fast?...if there is please give me some advice......

Sigh. Eat more.

Hi. Start by reading the stickies at the top of this forum and the nutrition forum. They will give you a good start on the proper way to eat and train. Good luck

http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=99116
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by duncan81 View Post
    I"m new here so take it easy on me.........I'm 21 years old 6'0 and only weight 140 lbs on a good day.....i lift weights but not gettin any bigger what is somethings i can take or work outs i could use to get bigger?........is there a such thing as gettin big fast?...if there is please give me some advice......
    well bench,Deadlift squat will get u big. Also EAT! if ur eating but stil not gaining then try protien shakes,supplements or somthing.

Quote Originally Posted by powerboy93 View Post
    well bench,Deadlift squat will get u big. Also EAT! if ur eating but stil not gaining then try protien shakes,supplements or somthing.
    If you're eating but not gaining, eat more.

Wannabebig New Member
    trust me i EAT alot but its hard because i work 60 hours a week at a very high pace job were its always hot.......i dont have much time at home what is some supplements that really work or is gettin big just outta the cards for me......

trust me i EAT alot but its hard because i work 60 hours a week at a very high pace job were its always hot.......i dont have much time at home what is some supplements that really work or is gettin big just outta the cards for me......
    How much do you eat? Calories? Protein? Fat? Carbs?
    My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Wannabebig New Member
    well i try and eat alot of calories atleast 2500 to 3000 a day but i cant do it everyday and every now and then i'll gain 5-10 pounds and but if i go acouple days without eattin atleast 2500 calories i'll lose every bit of it.....

well i try and eat alot of calories atleast 2500 to 3000 a day but i cant do it everyday and every now and then i'll gain 5-10 pounds and but if i go acouple days without eattin atleast 2500 calories i'll lose every bit of it.....
    So what do you deduce from that?
    My Journal

get a tub of weght gainer shakes. beware of fat cuz i seen it happen to a lotta people! shakes ussualy have about 800 calories each and tatse delicious but make sure ur hittin the gym hard. lift heavy and dont forget to bench, deadlift, and squat

I think you're probably very lean, which is a good place to start.

You might also need to accept that there are genetic plateaus.
    That said, you should work towards lifting ever heavier weights (focusing on the mass building exercises mentioned), eating properly (not just MORE, but more of the right stuff), proper conditioning and getting enough rest.

You load trucks at UPS or work construction? Sounds like 60 hours at a "high pace" job is detrimental to your mass gains.

With strength comes size. It's more important to be strong than just big.

Remember, no one got big overnight. Have patience and believe in your training.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Willie; 07-05-2008 at 02:01 PM.
    "This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time."
    -Tyler Durden

That's not a lot.

S(atg) - B - DL
    375 - 335 - 515

"Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too." -mbijay

Ok, so when I was 21 yrs old, I was about 130 lbs @ 5' 6". At my current age, height and weight (28, 163 lbs, same height), I MAINTAIN my body weight at ~2800 cals/day. Now, I am a software developer who sits in a chair all day and solves problems and types. If you are are working hard and burning say an extra 1000-2000 cals a day because of your job, then bro, you're gonna need around 4500-5000 cals a day to make good gains. That's it. There is no magic pill, trust me.

You have to eat and when you're full eat more. Eat until you feel like throwing up, let the feeling pass and eat more. Your stomach will stretch and soon it will become second nature to you. It seriously is that simple. If you don't eat, you don't gain weight, PERIOD. All the lifting, steroids, and supplements in the world are worthless if you are missing one key ingredient: tons of ****ing food.
    32 yo - 5'6" - 170 lbs
    USAPL Meet PRs (Raw @154 lbs): 347 SQ, 242 BP, 507 DL, 1096 TOTAL
    Gym PRs: 370 SQ, 270 BP, 510 DL

The Riddle Of Iron - Kiaran's Garage Training Log