The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Floyd Mayweather coming to UFC/MMA?

I've been hearing a lot of rumors lately they Floyd is coming to the UFC at first I just thought this was complete BS but now....

First Dana White announced he has a huge announcement that will change the face of MMA and will blow peoples minds away, I figured he got a deal with FOX or something like that. Well in England Yesterday he reportedly told reporters that he has a champion boxer coming over to the UFC who will legitimize the sport. I still didn't beleive it, then I heard Floyd Mayweather retired and declined to fight De La hoya for 20 million.

If this is true this will be humongous for the sport of MMA, I could care less how well Floyd does I would be interested to see though.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I've been reading the same rumors. He turned down $20mm in boxing. No way he can make that much in the UFC (assuming he earns part of the PPV). So unless he really wants to do it just to prove some, and he does seem cocky enough to do this, then it makes no sense. Also, who would he fight? He is what 140lbs? Is he going to fight in the 145lb class? Pulver or Faber would throw him on his back in 10 seconds. Is he going to go up to 155? Noone (I hope) would be dumb enough to box with him, and he can't stay on his feet vs. the strong wrestlers. Would be interesting to say the least.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    I've been reading the same rumors. He turned down $20mm in boxing. No way he can make that much in the UFC (assuming he earns part of the PPV). So unless he really wants to do it just to prove some, and he does seem cocky enough to do this, then it makes no sense. Also, who would he fight? He is what 140lbs? Is he going to fight in the 145lb class? Pulver or Faber would throw him on his back in 10 seconds. Is he going to go up to 155? Noone (I hope) would be dumb enough to box with him, and he can't stay on his feet vs. the strong wrestlers. Would be interesting to say the least.
    yeah but he must be wicked fast compared to the ufc fighters

I hope he gets submitted in his first fight, then learns some grappling, then becomes a force.
    Same for Brock Lesnar.

Yea thats why it's so hard to believe cause the highest Mayweather have ever fought was 154, and the biggest LW cuts from 170 and there wrestlers. Like you said though he is cocky and has been running his mouth about MMA fighters for a long time, maybe he actually believed the stuff he was saying. The good thing is, is his conditioning is taken care of which can be a problem for new MMa fighters, and his striking is good.

Marcus Davis used to be a boxer and is doing very well in the UFC right now so I guess we will see. Dana White is supposed to make the announcement Thursday he rented out a building to tell his employees this big news and will announce it later that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Klotz View Post
    I hope he gets submitted in his first fight, then learns some grappling, then becomes a force.
    Same for Brock Lesnar.
    Well they sure as hell didn't protect Brock Lesnar, but I think he asked for Frank Mir anyways. I'm sure if PBF did sign a contract me made sure to get some easy fights at first the guy has only been training for about 6 months (supposable just for a hobby but I guess not)

Quote Originally Posted by method115 View Post
    Dana White is supposed to make the announcement Thursday he rented out a building to tell his employees this big news and will announce it later that day.
    You don't rent a hall to tell all your fighters about signing a boxer. There are rumors that they have signed with FOX. That seems likely to me.

Another rumor is Silva is moving up to light heavy.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

You don't rent a hall to tell all your fighters about signing a boxer. There are rumors that they have signed with FOX. That seems likely to me.

Another rumor is Silva is moving up to light heavy.
    Yea I've heard that too and I actually think the FOX deal is what the real news is and not Mayweather. If you look at it from a publicity stand point though signing mayweather to the UFC would be way way more publicity the a FOX deal. Everyone in the world would be talking about Mayweather making that move.

I just can't see him as a UFC fighter.. he could barely beat De La Hoya
    Height: 5'11
    Starting Weight: 112
    5/15/08

Current Weight: 122 (+8)
    8/25/08
    Stage: Bulking

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    I would love to see someone knock that loudmouths jaw out of his ass.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

He might surprise some people. After seeing guys like Matt Hughes get dominated on the ground( didn't think it was possible) anything can happen if you train hard. If he trains for the ground watch out, if not it could be a quick loss. His takedown defense will be the key to his success.

One thing to keep in mind is that MMA standup is not at all like professional boxing. In pro boxing you can stay close and trade punches for a few rounds. In MMA, any single shot is much more likely to knock you out.

Mayweather might have to change up his style.
    Last edited by KingJustin; 06-07-2008 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatred View Post
    Yea the guy has talked plenty of crap about MMA fighters. That show the Iron Ring on BET, he has been running his mouth non stop. I don't watch it cause I can't stand watching sloppy MMA fights like that but, my little brothers tell me all the **** hes been talking.

Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Agreed...but something tells me that he really isnt like that behind closed doors He, like others, has been trying to revive boxing...which sadly is a dying sport. I was really hoping for the DLH vs FMJ fight in Sept because I think it could have done great things for boxing...especially if the Golden Boy would have won (not to mention I would have had ringside tickets ).

I highly doubt he is coming to MMA fighting...but I could be wrong. A guy like Floyd Jr knows better than to garnish his record and reputation with a move over, especially when he is looking at Class of 2013 Hall Of Fame potential.

...but Ive seen crazier.
    - Slave & Master At The Same Damn Time -
    Hoping To Compete Natty Early 2011

he would get murdered in the cage. He wouldn't be able to jab and run like he does in the ring. He would jab, then get grounded and pounded or submitted quickly.

Silva at light heavy would be AWESOME. He clearly has dominated the division he's in now, and to move up and have a legitimate shot at that belt would be insane. He's my top 3 favorite, and probably the best overall.

People seem to forget that he's a world class athlete. I'm sure he will do plenty ground training if he decides mma. Its not like he's going to start foaming at the mouth, have a -50 drop in IQ and lose muscle coordination once he hits the ground.

Am I the only one that thing Silva would get rocked by Rampage? I think Silva is very good, and definitely the best middleweight, but I don't think he would be that dominant in light heavyweight....

Also, I think GSP is the best champion right now.

I don't get why he would go from Boxing.. which is pretty brutal, to MMA.. which is even more brutal.
    5/15/08

8/25/08

boxing is a dying sport unfortunatly

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by KingJustin View Post
    Am I the only one that thing Silva would get rocked by Rampage? I think Silva is very good, and definitely the best middleweight, but I don't think he would be that dominant in light heavyweight....

Also, I think GSP is the best champion right now.
    I think Rampage will be better tested by Griffin. If he walks through Griffin, I'll be more impressed. Yeah, he put the hurt on Chuck, but those kinda opportunities to put the perfect shot in like that don't happen very often.

Much as I don't really care for GSP, he's pretty tough to beat right now

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    boxing is a dying sport unfortunatly
    Na I don't think so. It still has its time left. Unfortunately its not as diverse . Its mostly Hispanic and Black.
    5/15/08

8/25/08

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    I think Rampage will be better tested by Griffin. If he walks through Griffin, I'll be more impressed. Yeah, he put the hurt on Chuck, but those kinda opportunities to put the perfect shot in like that don't happen very often.

Much as I don't really care for GSP, he's pretty tough to beat right now
    Are you kidding me? Griffin just lost to both Tito ortiz and Keith Jardine. Now all of a sudden he is going to beat Rampage? No way, I would be highly impressed if griffin even made it past the 4th round. The guy is good and hard worker but he does and can be knocked out and Rampage will do that. On top of that he has no knock out power, he's not going to out wrestle Rampage obviously. Forrest isn't better at anything compared to Rampage, Rampage has been fighting a long time hes a vet in this sport.

Forrest has the potential to be champ one day and it wont surprise me once he does achieve that. Right now though it's not going to happen, I expected him to beat Rua, unlike everybody else I'm not in denial about what was going on over there in pride.

Also just in case you didn't know that was the second time Rampage beat Chuck liddell. The first time was far from a lucky shot and was a war that ended up with Liddell getting beat down in the second.

The sad thing for Forrest is he trains with Dan Henderson, guess who's best friends with Dan? Yep, Rampage. Rampage said in an interview one time that he BF trains with Forrest and knocked him out during training!! Yea Forrest is dead.

I think the one advantage Forrest has is his conditioning. If he can avoid getting KTFO for the first 2 or 3 rounds, he might have a shot.

Banned
    I think Forest has a real shot at this, he's looking better than he has before and is obviously somewhat confident in himself if hes going to go around challenging Rampage