The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rampage goes on a rampage

http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/rampage_arrested#22687

UFC light heavyweight sensation Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (Pictures) was arrested Tuesday by Costa Mesa police officers following a high-speed pursuit through the Californian suburbs from Costa Mesa to Newport Beach. Jackson was arrested on Felony Evading, Reckless Driving and Hit-and-Run charges and was being processed Tuesday afternoon at the Costa Mesa Jail with bail set at $25,000.

Jackson was observed weaving his gray and green Ford pick-up truck in and out of traffic on a flat front tire while talking on his cell phone, according to a release from the Costa Mesa police department. An officer on motorcycle attempted to pull Jackson over but the fighter continued driving south on 17th St and over a center divider at Cabrillo Ave. in what became a chase with local authorities around 1:30 p.m.

Authorities said Jackson drove through red lights and onto the sidewalk on multiple occasions, "causing pedestrians to flee in terror." Jackson collided with a vehicle at the 17th St. intersection and continued driving on an exposed tire rim. The fighter was later linked and charged for two other collisions on the southbound 55 freeway prior to the pursuit.

Sherdog.com has learned that Jackson was en route to training partner's residence and gave himself up to authorities outside his final destination at 18th St. and Newport Blvd.

"It was reported to me by the arresting officers that Jackson was cooperative and respectful [at the time of arrest], but upset," said Costa Mesa watch commander Lt. Paul Dondero.

A maestro with the sound byte, former Pride Fighting Championship star Jackson (27-8) has been one of the UFC's richer acquisitions in recent years. The extroverted 30-year-old smashed promotion favorite Chuck Liddell (Pictures) at UFC 71 to garner the light heavyweight title in May 2007. Jackson defended the crown once before a dropping a hotly contested unanimous decision to Forrest Griffin (Pictures) at UFC 86 "Jackson vs. Griffin" in Las Vegas on July 5. Jackson and Griffin had previously traded verbal barbs as rival coaches on Spike TV's "The Ultimate Fighter 7" before meeting in the Octagon.

Photos released by TMZ.com show the former champion face down on the street outside the house during his arrest. It appears Jackson was directed to exit his truck at gunpoint.

Multiple attempts to reach Jackson's manager, Juanito Ibarra, were unsuccessful.
    Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

unbelievable. rampage always seemed like he had a decent head on his shoulders. what the hell was he thinking? wonder if drugs were involved....

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

His anger problems really got him bad this time.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

Well, since they kicked out guys on the Ultimate Fighter for misconduct I wonder if they'll ban him from the UFC for this, despite the fact that he is a pro.
    Last edited by fpr; 07-15-2008 at 10:26 PM.

If I was the cop I would have ran for my life when he stepped out of his truck.

well....

Quote Originally Posted by Cirino83 View Post
    If I was the cop I would have ran for my life when he stepped out of his truck.
    rampage is a tough guy, but something tells me he cannot stop bullets.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by RBB View Post
    unbelievable. rampage always seemed like he had a decent head on his shoulders. what the hell was he thinking? wonder if drugs were involved....
    thats what i was thinking

edit: anyone who has a picture of himself on the side of his truck is a ego manic.
    Last edited by mikey4402; 07-16-2008 at 09:18 AM.
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

Quote Originally Posted by fpr View Post
    Well, since they kicked out guys on the Ultimate Fighter for misconduct I wonder if they'll ban him from the UFC for this, despite the fact that he is a pro.
    good question. It'll be interesting to see what Dana does. I suspect though losing Rampage would lose too much money when he could fight Forrest again

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by fpr View Post
    I think he will get past this, and then be back. Dana likes him too much, I think he pulls for these guys too much not to hold onto them.
    The guy that got kicked out the finale (jesse?) is already back on the card.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Banned
    It's funny that Dana himself flew out there to bail him out.

What an idiot. i sincerely hope he does time in prison, but alas im sure he wont.
    Beer helped slow down my metabolism.... -ozzyman

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Well I used to be a Rampage fan.

Now I'm glad Griffin got the nod. Better Ambassador for the sport anyway.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Pretty not-smart to run from the cops in a huge truck with your name and picture painted on the side....

what a bummer, i mean **** happens but wtf rampage. hope everything turns out alright.
    weight: 155?
    height: 5'9"

-LONGER TERM GOALS-
    benchpress: 275x1
    military press: 160x1
    deadlift: 405x1

I partied with Rampage in vegas several months back. I have some friend in Newport who are UFs and know him really well. We all got trashed, hung out with models, they kept ordering bottels of champagne and spraying it on chicks and the crowd, etc. It was like a rap video.

He's actually a really level headed cool dude for all the attention he gets and the fame. You do get the impression from him that he could snap under the wrong circumstances though.

Wonder what the deal was.

In before someone yells about the police being out of line for holding him at gun point.

S(atg) - B - DL
    375 - 335 - 515

"Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too." -mbijay

Quote Originally Posted by nejar462 View Post
    Well I used to be a Rampage fan.

Now I'm glad Griffin got the nod. Better Ambassador for the sport anyway.
    You weren't much of a fan if you don't even know what happened and will drop him like that.

This might come as a surprise to you but people make mistakes in life its not like he raped/murdered someone. He did put people's lives in danger so I guess thats pretty bad but lets at least get the whole story before we start chastising the guy. The media isn't always the end all be all of facts.

I always knew he was bound to lose it eventually.
    self improvement is masturbation.. maybe self destruction is the answer - space monkey.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    He got arrested again today after being released for being " a danger to himself and others" outside of his hotel.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatred View Post
    He got arrested again today after being released for being " a danger to himself and others" outside of his hotel.
    He didn't get arressted technically he was detained and they hopitalized him for mental evaluation. I don't know whats going on with him but I hope he gets well.

Also about my other post turns out he side swiped a pregnant women who had to be hospitalized. Now this just might be standard procedure type stuff but still pretty serious if you ask me.

geeze, sounds like he really went off the deep end

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

the more i read the more i hope this fool dies
    Beer helped slow down my metabolism.... -ozzyman

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by method115 View Post
    You weren't much of a fan if you don't even know what happened and will drop him like that.

This might come as a surprise to you but people make mistakes in life its not like he raped/murdered someone. He did put people's lives in danger so I guess thats pretty bad but lets at least get the whole story before we start chastising the guy. The media isn't always the end all be all of facts.
    I guess according to your definition I'm not much of a fan.

The first thing I did was I checked multiple sources, they all confirm he did go on a driving rampage, and he did refuse to listen to the police.

There might be some reasonable explanation for his actions, but for some reason I'm going to put it at around 10%.

The guy clearly did endanger a lot of people and himself, for most likely a stupid reason.

If he has mental problems, I feel bad for him, but he clearly shouldn't be fighter, so I still can't be a fan of his.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

call me an oklahoma boy, but that is one sweet truck.
    Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
    // Mark Twain

now would be the perfect time to give him a rematch