The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

The inventor of Plyometrics

Professor Yuri Verkhoshansky has a certain expertise in shock training. He's a true genius!

Here is his website: http://www.verkhoshansky.com/

FYI, my forum name "HumbleLearner."

Some of the professors in the forum even said that Louie's training system is actually not a form of conjugate periodization but rather a form of "block" system or something: http://www.verkhoshansky.com/Forum/t...s/Default.aspx

For those of you who are trying to dunk a basketball, you may wanna consider reading some of Yuri's books. Keep in mind that he is the "INVENTOR OF PLYOMETRICS!!!"

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeeker View Post
    Some of the professors in the forum even said that Louie's training system is actually not a form of conjugate periodization but rather a form of "block" system or something: http://www.verkhoshansky.com/Forum/t...s/Default.aspx
    This has been discussed to death over the years. Louie's system is similar to a complex parallel method as described by Verkhoshansky in his early writings. Louie refers to his system as the Conjugate Periodization not conjugate-sequence system which is used by Verkhoshansky. I believe this was even explained to you on the site. Buy Louie's book as it covers everything you need including plyometric training. Oh and science is great and all but what other coach has 4 lifters who have totaled 2600, 6 with 2500+, 6 with 2400+, 12 1000 squatters with 4 being over 1100, 22 lifters over 700 in the bench, and 15 lifters with an 800 deadlift?

I absolutely do not understand the psychology of the OP. He must be sarcastic in some way.

UPA Lousiana Chairman Eric Downey's Avatar
    Great responce AJ. I also want to add that unlike most systems louie's have changed with science. As it advanced so did Louie methods. Just look at what the creation of Jump Strench bands have done.
    CLASH FOR CASH RAW504 SEPT. 11, 2010 KENNER, LA CLICK FOR INFO
    Eric "BIG EZY" Downey
    RAW BENCH BEST: 523 Raw Unity 2010
    RAW UNITY VID
    RAW TOTAL BEST:534.5 - 507 - 556.5 1598 APA Raw Nationals 2010
    534 SQUAT
    507 BENCH
    556 DEADLIFT
    Facebook YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Downey View Post
    Great responce AJ. I also want to add that unlike most systems louie's have changed with science. As it advanced so did Louie methods. Just look at what the creation of Jump Strench bands have done.
    Thats what i think most people miss is that Louie systems is always advancing and moving forward. It's a shame people want to go back 20 years and try and learn it all for themselves. Cosgrove said it best when he told me i could spend the next 10 years of my life learning everything on fat loss like he did and then try and figure out what works and how to apply it in the real world, or I could just take his word for it, read his manuals, and start getting kick ass results with my clients. Guess which route I chose.
    Last edited by AJ Roberts; 07-06-2008 at 07:08 PM.

UPA Lousiana Chairman Eric Downey's Avatar
    Training with jesse ive got 25 years of trail and error already done for me show i just show up and do what im told.
    Last edited by Eric Downey; 07-06-2008 at 10:26 PM.
    CLASH FOR CASH RAW504 SEPT. 11, 2010 KENNER, LA CLICK FOR INFO
    Eric "BIG EZY" Downey
    RAW BENCH BEST: 523 Raw Unity 2010
    RAW UNITY VID
    RAW TOTAL BEST:534.5 - 507 - 556.5 1598 APA Raw Nationals 2010
    534 SQUAT
    507 BENCH
    556 DEADLIFT
    Facebook YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Roberts View Post
    Thats what i think most people miss is that Louie systems is always advancing and moving forward. It's a shame people want to go back 20 years and try and learn it all for themselves. Cosgrove said it best when he told me i could spend the next 10 years of my life learning everything on fat loss like he did and then try and figure out what works and how to apply it in the real world, or I could just take his word for it, read his manuals, and start getting kick ass results with my clients. Guess which route I chose.
    Great post - it really doesn't make sense to me why so many people in the US will shell out hundreds of dollars for supplements, but are reluctant to spend a penny on competent coaching (or even a good book about training/diet) - something that could save them YEARS of pain and trouble.
    Last edited by Sensei; 07-07-2008 at 06:24 AM.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Banned
    AJ Roberts is by far, the second smartest powerlifter in the world. I think I have found the answer to this: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...+louie+simmons

I wannabebig!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Great post - it really doesn't make sense to me why so many people in the US will shell out hundreds of dollars for supplements, but are reluctant to spend a penny on competent coaching (or even a good book about training/diet) - something that could save them YEARS of pain and trouble.
    any recommendations for the crowd?