Thread: Losing weight (fat)

Losing weight (fat)

So can someone clarify something for me? I've always been told that to lose weight (fat) a person should be eating frequently (5-6 times a day) and of cousre exercising (HIIT).

But now I keep reading on here that when a person eats doesn't really matter, except maybe breakfast. Is this true? So it all depends on overrall calories consumed?

I know it's different for person to person but not eating enough can make you gain weight, and eating too much can make you gain weight. How do I find that perfect medium??

Sorry if this is another noob question, i've searched and nothing too substantial came up.

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    I know it's different for person to person but not eating enough can make you gain weight,
    Where did this come from?

eating too little can lower your set point and cause you to actually gain weight
    so starving the body? ie. slowing metabolism? i dunno

I might be able to believe that if you're talking <<1000 calories for long periods of time (weeks to months) with no weight training, i.e. anorexic women. If you're training hard that's not something you need to worry about. If you're trying to lose fat, it's ideal to find out what your maintenance calories are, then reduce your intake by 300-500 until you start losing about a pound/week. As for timing, just space out your food so you don't get too hungry. If you feel ok eating 1 meal a day that's fine if the # of calories is below maintenance. It's also best to eat a lot before and after the workout.