The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    arnolds_jealous

Eating egg whites?

I usually eat 8 hardboiled eggs a day but i only eat the egg whites and not the yolk. But since im bulking, should i just go aheadand start eating the yolk with the egg whites?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    Ive been scrambling my eggs and whites since I was 16.It depends on my bodyweight and goals at the time.Egg yolks arent all that bad and if you only eat the whites,your losing most of the protein.I usually do 4-6 eggs with half whites,half whole egg.Im sure some of the bigger guys are eating 8-10 or a dozen at a time.I use to eat 12 eggs,3 yolks every morning.But to me thats too much protein to be assimilated at one time.Try em scrambled with ketchup.

Wannabebig Member
    agreed i do the same^^

Banned
    i always thought the majority of the protein was in the egg white? if i read your post right you said that only eating the white you lose most of the protein.

Quote Originally Posted by failed View Post
    i always thought the majority of the protein was in the egg white? if i read your post right you said that only eating the white you lose most of the protein.
    The egg white is "all protein", but it isn't all the protein in the egg. From what I have read from various sources, the yolk contains about half the total protein in the egg, but also has all the fat and cholesterol. Unless you are dieting down for a BB show and need to drop the fat from your diet, eat the yolks.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

My own personal trainer dumbbell's Avatar
    Eat your eggs. Any way you like 'em, except fried.

I used to eat the whole egg until I realized too much of the fat in my diet was coming from egg. Now, I eat one whole and the rest are just whites. Usually boiled. But sometimes scrambled and sometimes in an omelet. We buy 2 doz. at a time and I will boil one of them straight away.

Ketchup is nasty!
    Jason

It is currently a fad, at this writing, for boys to think they need a "six pack", although most of them don't have an ice chest to put it in.
    -Mark Rippetoe

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    this may sound contrary but if ur trying to lose fat the last thing u want to do is drop more fat from your diet, especially the good fats of an egg, eat the whole egg cause u get the full benefits of the proteins and fats and some of the proteins in the whites cant be digested unless mixed with some of the cholestrol in the eggs.

yes cholestrol and fat are good for you
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    The egg white is "all protein", but it isn't all the protein in the egg. From what I have read from various sources, the yolk contains about half the total protein in the egg, but also has all the fat and cholesterol. Unless you are dieting down for a BB show and need to drop the fat from your diet, eat the yolks.
    Yeah,it might be half.And the fat content isnt super high.I'll take all the extra protein I can get.If an egg white is only 3 grams of protein and the whole egg is say 6,then you gotta eat alot of whites for a decent meal.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCorey75 View Post
    this may sound contrary but if ur trying to lose fat the last thing u want to do is drop more fat from your diet, especially the good fats of an egg, eat the whole egg cause u get the full benefits of the proteins and fats and some of the proteins in the whites cant be digested unless mixed with some of the cholestrol in the eggs.

yes cholestrol and fat are good for you
    Big Corey that makes perfect sense. I just know sometimes those dieting tend to make a big deal about fat If I were gonna do a bb show, I would still eat whole eggs. I also like your statement about cholesterol. I recently read a thread with many different studies indicating that the effects of high cholesterol are overblown to a certain extent by the medical profession. Good post.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!