The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

how much $$$ does your bulk cost?

ok so im a broke college student. I was on a bulking diet for almost 2 months, it was working great, im a very hardgainer, i was eating 4000+ calories a day. but it was costing me too much money in food. i stopped the diet about a month ago. i may start lifting again. but wanna know how much everybody else is spending.... i was spending $25+ a week in skim milk alone...lol

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Bulking on skim milk? There's your problem...
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Wannabebig Member
    it has almost no fat and 2400 cal a gallon, i thought it was a good thing???

Quote Originally Posted by datboychevy View Post
    it has almost no fat and 2400 cal a gallon, i thought it was a good thing???
    Why are you avoiding fat? If you're worried about cost for calories, switch that skim milk for whole milk... Or even 2%. Fat has lots of calories and despite what you may think, eating fat will not get you fat.
    Full Powerlifting
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)

Wannabebig Member
    thanks, ill switch when i start up again.....

thanks, ill switch when i start up again.....
    Good stuff man.

Another thing, I know a few people who consider themselves hardgainers and the biggest problem is consistency. Who knows, had you stayed on the bulking diet and training you might have been up 5lbs now.

No more excuses. Get your ass to the gym and lift weights and eat like you mean it.
    Full Powerlifting

I'm also a "broke college student". I'm not bulking at the moment but I'm also only spending $40 a week on food. I'm sure if I was bulking it'd be more like $60. Thats pretty damn cheap if you ask me.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

ok so im a broke college student. I was on a bulking diet for almost 2 months, it was working great, im a very hardgainer, i was eating 4000+ calories a day. but it was costing me too much money in food. i stopped the diet about a month ago. i may start lifting again. but wanna know how much everybody else is spending.... i was spending $25+ a week in skim milk alone...lol
    my bulk doesn't cost that much, actually it costs 20% more than my maintenance cost because that's exactly how many more calories I take in.

Don't do what a lot of people on here say and eat everything in sight, you're going to gain a **** load of fat if you eat 5,000 or more calories. all you need is to eat 20% more for a clean bulk.

i got fat by eating chicken, tuna, eggs, rice and oatmeal lol

The secret I learned in college was buying in bulk and freezing food. Even to this day, I still do it. There is chicken, beef, and steak in the freezer. None of which costs me more than $2 a lb. When it goes on sale I stock up. A vacuum sealer is a godsend.

Other than that, there are plenty of cheap foods out that. I used to live on milk in college, but now it's damn expensive. Plenty of cheap options. Stock up on tuna, rice, oatmeal, olive oil, mac n cheese, etc. Buy stuff when it goes on sale and stock up.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

WBB Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    The secret I learned in college was buying in bulk and freezing food. Even to this day, I still do it. There is chicken, beef, and steak in the freezer. None of which costs me more than $2 a lb. When it goes on sale I stock up. A vacuum sealer is a godsend.

Other than that, there are plenty of cheap foods out that. I used to live on milk in college, but now it's damn expensive. Plenty of cheap options. Stock up on tuna, rice, oatmeal, olive oil, mac n cheese, etc. Buy stuff when it goes on sale and stock up.
    Wow, I've never seen steak, beef, or chicken on sale for $2/lb at any grocery store I have ever shopped at.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
    Wow, I've never seen steak, beef, or chicken on sale for $2/lb at any grocery store I have ever shopped at.
    There are 3 supermarkets near me. One of them always has something on sale. Last week chix, 80% beef, and london broil were all 1.99 for 3+ lb family packs. This week they are buy 1 get 1 free, which is about 2.50 a lb.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase