The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Bp Meet Results

Hybrid View

NASA KY CHAIRMAN NASAKYCHAIRMAN's Avatar

Bp Meet Results

The results are not what I expected, but I had an unbelievable time & learned from my mistakes!

NASA WV OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
    Body weight: 218
    1st attempt: 462
    2nd attempt: 562(miss)
    3rd attempt: 562(miss)

Well, I learned what probably caused me to miss my attempts. I competed 3 weeks earlier and I woke up @ 4:30 a.m. and drove 3 hours to the meet. I just didn't have the strength on the bp platform as I did 3 weeks earlier. So, I won't be doing meets so close together and no early morning drive to meets again

The great part of the meet is the whole helping & uplifting environment that I always enjoy being a part of. No hating, bashing or negative attacks as you see sometimes on line(training forums) The crowd and lifters cheering everybody on. Lifters helping and supporting each other. Lifters helping each other put on equipment. I helped back spot during the squat flight, load during the deadlift flight and load equipment in the trailer. It's great helping at a powerlifting meet. Also, the meet director provided free double cheese burger for the lifters.

So, I felt great during the 3 hour drive back home and looking forward to my next meet. I'm going to deload for the next 2 weeks and start back hitting it hard again.

Thank you Inzer, AtLarge Nutrition, BMF Sports, USP Labs and Adrenaline Gear for your great support

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NASAKYCHAIRMAN

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    Well better luck next time, and i cant believe you would get up at 4:30 to drive 3 hours just to bench... ;-)

getting up early sucks! i do it every day, so i guess that prepares me a bit for meets. i'd say the around the 3 hour mark is when i'd start considering a hotel. great job none the less JT.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by lonesXedge View Post
    getting up early sucks! i do it every day, so i guess that prepares me a bit for meets. i'd say the around the 3 hour mark is when i'd start considering a hotel. great job none the less JT.
    The meet director said I could crash at him home, but I refused because I wanted to spend an extra day with my beautiful wife & daughter

Thanks a lot,

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

Quote Originally Posted by Frietbakker View Post
    Well better luck next time, and i cant believe you would get up at 4:30 to drive 3 hours just to bench... ;-)
    I enjoy the whole atmosphere, not just the bp competition. Also, I help at all NASA meets that I attend too(spotting, loading, judging,etc.)

Thanks a lot,

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

Dont sweat it youll easily come back and hit it next time weights are funny like that some times you can hit it consistently sometimes not but either way itll get up there easy next time.