The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Mike42506's Log

log

I figured it was time to start tracking my progress and make a journal. Anyway, right now I am 15, 5'7, 140lbs... small. I have been lifting for about a year now but I didn't really have a good diet, routine.. anything. So now i'm starting fresh. I have recently started to bulk and I have been doing rippetoe's for about 7 weeks now. My starting lifts were: Squat: 135, Deadlift: 135, Bench: 120, OHP: 60, Bent-rows: 80. Very very weak.. I had to hold off OHP and bench because of a shoulder injury for a couple weeks, and i probably gonna start benching again next week, but dumbell flat bench doesnt hurt so i have been doing that currently with 55lb DBs, 6 reps. And my other lifts are currently, all with 5 reps:

Squat: 210lbs(could have done more)

Deadlift: 200lbs

Bent-Rows: 110lbs

OHP: 80lbs, still very weak but made a little progress after my shoulder stopped bothering me.

My sleeping pattern is very bad and I'm trying to work on it =/ I usually get between 6-9hours of sleep which isnt that bad but i go to bed really late and wake up late.

Diet: I have started bulking pretty recently, I have been going by a rule to have at least 8 glasses of milk a day and a protein shake after my workout or at night on non workout days. I don't get much calorim out a lot during the day but my body doesnt require much because I am gaining weight.

I really really need to improve my pressing. My lower body is progressing well and I think i can keep progressing for a while but as far as pressing goes, I'm pretty weak.

Welp that's all for now.
    Last edited by mike42506; 08-13-2011 at 01:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post
    Genetics is the weak man's excuse for why he sucks at life. Don't be that guy.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!