The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Need more information on nutritional supplements.

Hi everyone, I have been considering of taking nutritional supplements that could help me in reducing my cholesterol levels. The fact is that I need to maintain my health and for that I need to take care of certain issues. I have heard about blue green algae being a good supplement for controlling the cholesterol level! I need your suggestions on this and also - Do you consider for this being a good supplement???

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    Fish oil is supposed to help. If you take protein supplements, watch the cholesterol in them. I just went to buy some this morning because my normal shipment isn't here yet and there was one that had 35mg per scoop, when you take 8 - 10 scoops per day that is way more cholesterol than you should be taking in. The reccomended daily intake is only 200 mg. I don't really know anything to help lower the cholesterol but watching your protein intake will help in not raising it.

Wannabebig Member

RE: Need more information on nutritional supplements.

You must take some types of fish oil ya meat that will help you out....

Wannabebig Member
    I know you are asking about supplements but I was just curious if your diet is in check?

For most (about 90% of people) dietary cholesterol does not have much, if any impact, on serum level cholesterol levels. However carbs, and primarily simple sugars, can possibly have an impact. IMO for all but that 10% their cholesterol can be positively impacted by diet.

Also the fish oil does lower triglycerides but it might actually increase LDL. I have read info both ways on it's affect on LDL.