Thread: apf collegiate division?

apf collegiate division?

Anyone know the rules to qualify for anything collegiate? My school doesn't have a team nor a club..so here I'm flying solo but going to try to put together a club this semester. I was wondering what criteria do you have to meet to be in the collegiate class?
    Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!

I will look into this for you, went to one down here that the University of Florida team came down to and I know one of the guys on the team. LSU seemed to be the premier team in collegiate powerlifting.

Did you try contacting your APF state chairman? http://worldpowerliftingcongress.com...20Chairman.htm

I don't think the APF keeps "collegiate" records, runs collegiate meets, or has such a division. THE USGAYPL does these kinds of meets and would seem to be the fed you would want to compete in if interested in competing againts other schools. You may want to also look at the AAU and NASA . In general I dont think there are any collegiate level clubs that are multi-ply.

If you are near Dallas and just want to lift two ply, you may want to check out Bad Attitude Gym.

i'm a raw lifter..i love competing now matter who it is against but won't use gear..yet anyway. I did contact my local chairman. I've written two emails but no reply yet so I'm patiently waiting. There is a listing of APF collegiate records which prompted this inquiry. This would be hilarious to have a community college throw down against big name colleges but I'd lvoe to get a club thrown together VERY soon.

A guy at my school have just recently started a PL club, I'm not sure how far that would go though. We'll have our first meeting in the Fall.

From a friend of mine:

I'm not sure what the exact requirements are. I do know that in order to compete in the collegiate nationals you can't be older than 25, but the Florida USAPL chairman lets us "older" students still compete in state meets. I'd imagine Robert could answer any more technical questions:

Robert Keller, rhk@verizon.net, 954.790.2249

He is obviously talking about Florida but I am sure that Robert could point you in the right direction for the Texas contact. Any particular reason that you wanted to do APF? I know that USAPL does keep records and I believe that they have a RAW division as well. They do drug test for most of their meets though from what I understand.

it's the only local meet coming down in texas this year..and i don't have the money to travel at the moment HA!

I would think there should be a WNPF, USAPL, or one of the other federations that will have a meet within 1 hour of your house. Unless you live in a very remote location?

Keep checking on some of the boards and you should be able to find something... might not be able to go for collegiate records but would still be fun.

**I think that APF does have classes based on age groups as well - so you would fall into "Juniors" and those records are within reach. I broke one deadlifting a few months back.

Just compete in the open class. I've been competing in the open class since I was 20

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    Just compete in the open class. I've been competing in the open class since I was 20
    LMAO!

I would have to agree, there really is no point of entering the meet in any of the subdivisions unless you really want to take home a useless trophy.

NASA KY CHAIRMAN NASAKYCHAIRMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thewicked View Post
    Anyone know the rules to qualify for anything collegiate? My school doesn't have a team nor a club..so here I'm flying solo but going to try to put together a club this semester. I was wondering what criteria do you have to meet to be in the collegiate class?
    NASA offers several meets in the Texas area.
    http://www.nasa-sports.com/Events_Powerlifting.html

Sept 6th- Gilmer East Texas Open & NASA Cookout, Equipped & Unequipped Powerlifting & BP and Power Sports & Push Pull, Free NASA Bar-B-Q, Gilmer, TX.http://www.nasa-sports.com/Entries/E...n%209.6.08.htm

Oct 4th- East Texas Regional, Equipped & Unequip Powerlifting, Power Sports©, Push Pull, Equipped & Unequipped BP Only, Tyler, TX.
    http://www.nasa-sports.com/Entries/E...20TX%20Reg.htm

Nov 29th- Greater Houston Open Championships, Equipped & Unequip Powerlifting, Power Sports©, Push Pull, Equipped & Unequipped BP Only, Alvin, TX. SQBPDL@aol.com

Dec 13th- West Texas Regional, Equipped & Unequip Powerlifting, Power Sports©, Push Pull, Equipped & Unequipped BP Only. SQBPDL@aol.com

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

Sweet! Thanks Jt!