The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by endymion88 View Post
    you da man chris! i plan to supplement fairly heavily and i always eat with a vengeance. i'll let you know how this goes! i mean i'm bound to make gains with the three tubs of nitrean i won in the strongest of the weak competition!
    Good stuff! I look forward to your results .

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig Member
    I need to boost my post count to 10...

Wannabebig Member
    can i do that here?

Wannabebig Member
    So i can post my gain pics?

Wannabebig Member
    Please?

Wannabebig Member
    Sorry to run up this thread

Wannabebig Member
    but its already 20 pages long

Wannabebig Member
    and i just want to post 2 damn pics

Wannabebig Member
    to show my results

Wannabebig Member
    from..

Wannabebig Member
    my first 12 weeks of lifting. Done, thanks.

Wannabebig Member
    Hey Chris, could you give a breakdown of the program? Like why you chose those rep ranges for each day, why you chose 3 days a week with 1 day of rest between as far as frequency, why you chose those rep ranges for back work, why you have back work done on only 2 of the days, and why you chose those specific tri exercises. The reason for this is I am interested in what went behind making this program and the science behind it. It obviously works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugen46 View Post
    Hey Chris, could you give a breakdown of the program? Like why you chose those rep ranges for each day, why you chose 3 days a week with 1 day of rest between as far as frequency, why you chose those rep ranges for back work, why you have back work done on only 2 of the days, and why you chose those specific tri exercises. The reason for this is I am interested in what went behind making this program and the science behind it. It obviously works.
    Geez, a lot of questions.

The rep ranges and percentages are based on the research of others and experience. The number of training days per week was based upon structuring a program that most could adhere to and that would work well. The specific exercises had to do with what I know work and felt would be support the bench press. I used a lot of Louie's Westside principles with some tweaks of my own.

Actually, you are working your upper back twice per week on the program?

I kept the work for the rest of the body to a minimum as the program is meant to specialize on the bench.

If you read the program it pretty much outlines the science behind it.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I'm a little confused by the bench progression in the routine. In the article it states to increase the load by 10lbs per set per day. So, if I were doing two sets would both sets be at the same weight or would I increase the weight 10lbs per set.

In other words, my max is 330 so on week 2 would I do... 3 x 225 x 3 reps on Monday or would it be 225x3, 235x3, 245x3?

Quote Originally Posted by KoolDrew View Post
    I'm a little confused by the bench progression in the routine. In the article it states to increase the load by 10lbs per set per day. So, if I were doing two sets would both sets be at the same weight or would I increase the weight 10lbs per set.

In other words, my max is 330 so on week 2 would I do... 3 x 225 x 3 reps on Monday or would it be 225x3, 235x3, 245x3?
    Same weight for each set (your first example).

Started this today.

Went well. I'm going to bust my balls on each aspect of the program, I want my squat and deads to increase as well as my bench. So far, I love it, but obviously there's a long way to go.
    "Don’t fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn’t matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. I’ve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

Quote Originally Posted by KoSh View Post
    Started this today.

Went well. I'm going to bust my balls on each aspect of the program, I want my squat and deads to increase as well as my bench. So far, I love it, but obviously there's a long way to go.
    You'll really love it in 30 days! Thanks for giving it a roll.

Garage Lifter
    I just finished the second week and things are going strong. Feel like I'm in line for a PR in Deadlift as a well as bench. Did 2 sets of 2 with paused reps on my touch and go max from just a few months ago and had a lot left in the tank.
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Garage Lifter
    Finished my third week and I've now got a nasty case of the flu. I haven't been able to eat much for a few days and training is probably not an option until Wednesday or Thursday.

How can I salvage the program?
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Take the time off, and worst case, retest your max and start again. It is only 30 days.

OK, I must confess that I cheated a little bit yesterday. I, like StLRPh, fell victim of a terrible cold last week and missed the last workout of week 2. Well, yesterday I went back to begin the first workout of week 3. After I got through squats (having already did the required bench, etc.) I decided to attempt benching the 275 someone had left on the bar. Well, I put it up successfully! Didnt go easily but I fought through the potential sticking point and got it up! So, at the beginning of week 3 its safe to say my bench has gone up 10 lbs!! That's a helluva gain!

Daniel
    Wow good on ya Harris!

Today I'll be doing my last session of Week 3, the program has been going good so far, my triceps feel strengthened and I can't wait to test my 1RM after the program's finished.
    Starting weight - 129 lbs
    Current weight - 152 lbs

HCT-12 Journal

"My goal when I come in here everyday is to make sure that if someone beats me - its not because they outworked me!" - Layne Norton, Natural Pro.

Daniel
    Had my last session of Week 3 today, when I chucked on the weight I thought the intensity would be maximal, but when I started, I reckon I could've done near 5 if I'd tried. Hell, I feel so much stronger now, I don't know how it's working, but it is.
    Starting weight - 129 lbs
    Current weight - 152 lbs

HCT-12 Journal

"My goal when I come in here everyday is to make sure that if someone beats me - its not because they outworked me!" - Layne Norton, Natural Pro.

The program works! Believe it!

Do me a favor and go to other sites and link to it and let people know about it. I would love for more people to be able to realize its benefits.

Wannabebig Member
    nice article people