Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Up Your Bench Press 30lbs in 30 days!

Wannabebig Member
    I cannot open the attachment to read the full program. Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigAsian View Post
    i am not lieing my regular routine was 225x3, 255x2, 265x2, 275x2, 285x2,295x2 and i would stop their and would feel barely anything. When i tried this workout on monday i directly felt it on tuesday after i woke up and was pretty happy to see a legit routine for once
    Excellent!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by gelong View Post
    I cannot open the attachment to read the full program. Please advise.

If you are a member you should be able to? What sort of message are you getting?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by joe.m View Post
    I have two questions for you Chris:

Do you have any special instructions for doing deadlifts and squats in your program? Such as first set do such weight and finish with that, etc..

I've always done my squats and dl 3x5 as heavy as I could go in order to complete the sets. I know I should probably switch it around and go heavier this day of the week, or switch number of sets on that day. Do you have any recommendations for outside the program, thanks.
    Yes. Do me a favor and start a thread in our powerlifting forum and you will get my opinion as well as that of some of the best powerlifters in the world. World class advice for FREE! Not bad, eh?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Yes. Do me a favor and start a thread in our powerlifting forum and you will get my opinion as well as that of some of the best powerlifters in the world. World class advice for FREE! Not bad, eh?
    Gotcha. Thanks.

But as far as your program. Do you recommend that people do any specific modifications (change in weight, rest time, etc) as far as dl and squats during your program?

Gotcha. Thanks.

But as far as your program. Do you recommend that people do any specific modifications (change in weight, rest time, etc) as far as dl and squats during your program?
    Rest time, no. Load progression as outlined in the program.

Chris

Wannabebig Member
    Question about the non fail working sets. Example, on a fresh set of pull downs with 180lbs I am able to do 12 perfect form reps but when I get to my second set I can barely get 10. I know you dont want any of these sets to fail. Even if I stop at 10 reps when I get to the second set no matter how much I rest I will get 10 but it will be 10 to fail. What i am saying is you say to choose a weight to do 10 times but could probably do 2 more. I could do what your saying if I decreased my weight by 10lbs on my second set or did 8 reps with the same weight as the first set. What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by ms3jake View Post
    Question about the non fail working sets. Example, on a fresh set of pull downs with 180lbs I am able to do 12 perfect form reps but when I get to my second set I can barely get 10. I know you dont want any of these sets to fail. Even if I stop at 10 reps when I get to the second set no matter how much I rest I will get 10 but it will be 10 to fail. What i am saying is you say to choose a weight to do 10 times but could probably do 2 more. I could do what your saying if I decreased my weight by 10lbs on my second set or did 8 reps with the same weight as the first set. What should I do?

Do like it says and stop before faliure if that is 6 or 8 reps its no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Darracq View Post
    Do like it says and stop before faliure if that is 6 or 8 reps its no big deal.
    Yep, and then try to progressively build up your strength.

Wannabebig Member
    I noticed there arent any shoulder movements in this program. Even when not doing this program do shoulder excercises hinder strength gains on the bench press?

Quote Originally Posted by ms3jake View Post
    I noticed there arent any shoulder movements in this program. Even when not doing this program do shoulder excercises hinder strength gains on the bench press?
    No, I would recommend you train shoulders when not using this program.

Chris

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Thomas, if you can do 2 sets of 2 reps with 245 lbs then your 1RM is significantly more than 255 lbs. You need to re-test your max and see what it really is.

Chris
    It is plausible that he may not be getting past his sticking point with 255 lbs. If so then Thomas should try some lock outs near 265-275 to over come that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachmanor View Post
    It is plausible that he may not be getting past his sticking point with 255 lbs. If so then Thomas should try some lock outs near 265-275 to over come that problem.

What if his sticking point isn't the lockout?

Wannabebig Member
    I can't get the download file up.

it shows up as a error. =(

what error does it show?
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Into week #3, Friday's workout @85%. Up until this point it has not been challenging, and I know this is designed for load progression, but doing low reps with moderate weight has been killing me not going heavy. Today will be the first time I am hitting what I consider to be heavy weight and I have been jacked up since I got out of bed this morning. I don't lift till after work around 6 p.m. I can't wait to see what happens. I'm getting near 400lbs for reps, I've never done this. What's even better, my XM radio has an all Metallica station on channel 51 right now. Can't wait to get under that bar this evening. Haven't been this anxious in a long time.
    Best lifts

Bench Raw 560 Equipped 725 single ply
    Deadlift 750

Quote Originally Posted by jmccown View Post
    Into week #3, Friday's workout @85%. Up until this point it has not been challenging, and I know this is designed for load progression, but doing low reps with moderate weight has been killing me not going heavy. Today will be the first time I am hitting what I consider to be heavy weight and I have been jacked up since I got out of bed this morning. I don't lift till after work around 6 p.m. I can't wait to see what happens. I'm getting near 400lbs for reps, I've never done this. What's even better, my XM radio has an all Metallica station on channel 51 right now. Can't wait to get under that bar this evening. Haven't been this anxious in a long time.
    Look forward to seeing your results. ARe you doing this raw?
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

yes, raw. I don't use shirts.
    Best lifts

Bench Raw 560 Equipped 725 single ply
    Deadlift 750

Wannabebig New Member
    Gotcha. Thanks.

Hey Bro, I can't find a Powerlifting gym or one that even allows Chalk in Tallahassee. Where do you train?

Wannabebig Member
    Just got back from the gym and I'm pretty psyched.

I started with a 185lb 1RM and just lifted 200lb three times tonight.

Awesome program. Thanks ALN.

Quote Originally Posted by jmccown View Post
    How did you get on?

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Wannabebig Member
    well i like many was very skeptical of this program as it seems you are never stressing yourself! all the benching was very, very easy (until the end)

I started with a 1rep max of 185 (dont laugh!) but i rounded it to 190 for this program...

yesterday was my last day on it, and of course then I had to do 190 twice then twice again...I must admit I was a little nervous, but I did it with little problem, only the last rep on the last set was a little difficult, but I had no help from my spotter!

this program defiantly helped me reach a new height! I cant wait to test my new bench max, I am hoping for 205...

(note: I did not do the extremely high caloric intake part of the program as I did not want to gain any weight either - I took creatine/whey/nitor on top of a protein heavy diet)

Wannabebig New Member
    Hi guys, first post here... going to give this a run, just maxed this week on bench (got 270) hoping to be @ 300 in 4 weeks. Thanks in advance to that guy that wrote this!

sandcracker, that's awesome to hear. Let us know how your bench max goes.

hopie, welcome to the forums and let us know how you get on!

Wannabebig New Member
    Thanks Daniel, I will!