The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

My Cut for Summer

The first pic is during my bulk this past winter. I weighed my heaviest at 212lbs. Damn was I pudgy. The next three pics I lost 17lbs. I lost the weight within 5 months. My height is just under 5'9" without shoes. I wanted to lose more weight but I didn't want to take it off to fast and lose too much muscle. I am very happy with the muscle I retained.
    Go ahead and critique. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Great job on keeping your muscle while leaning out. You did it slowly too, which is the right way to do it.

I wannabebig!
    slow and steady wins the race.

good job

Banned
    You better get out of the bushes or someone will report you as a flasher, haha.

Nice work man

I'd say cut up another 10-15 pounds and you should look pretty good.

Try UD 2.0 if your worried about mass.

Okla.2A State Track Champs weasel's Avatar
    looking pretty good keep up the good work.
    Your chances of success in any undertaking can always be measured by your belief in yourself. - Robert Collier

Unity2012
    Great job, man. Do it at your own pace. As long as you are happy with your results, keep up the great work.

Very inspiring.
    "The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for." Maureen Dowd.

Thank-you for the compliments. I am debating on whether to continue to lose weight "Which I will for a little while more, at least until the end of August". -or- if I should bulk again during the winter and do another cut come early spring? Decisions, Decisions.... My GF obviously likes me leaner, but us guys like to be big and eat too. Even if we do get a little pudgy. He-He.

You look great, man. Nice calves. How old are you?

It seems like you're in the bushes on like the side of your house or something. I'm not sure how I would react if I saw my neighbor standing there with his girlfriend taking pictures, flexing, in his boxers haha

Good progress. I would bulk from here and then cut again (I'm personally a big fan of slow bulk/slow cut, but do whichever you like)

I vote bulk as well, no point in working your ass off to get any leaner.... when your at the point you are, it will take weeks and weeks to lose that extra 3-4% but can be put back on in a matter of hours.

Bulk up, but do it slow. The average unassisted lifter won't gain but maybe a pound per week if he's really really working and eating properly. You will be very surprised what 10 pounds of muscle will do for your frame. Don't take my numbers as 100% stone cold cutoffs... but if you put on 20 pounds of muscle (should take you about 6 months of work) you'd blow up pretty well.

Also wondering how old you are... you look great!

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL View Post
    I vote bulk as well, no point in working your ass off to get any leaner.... when your at the point you are, it will take weeks and weeks to lose that extra 3-4% but can be put back on in a matter of hours.
    I mean no disrespect at all as I have a hard time remembering who on this forum has done what, but are you speaking from personal experience? Though I haven't hit 8% yet, I'm getting close and gotta say after taking 2 weeks off on a medically necessary diet I'm still sporting the leanness
    Last edited by TopCat; 07-27-2008 at 11:27 PM.
    My Journal - Taking Back What is Mine
    5'11" 204 lbs
    Recovering from 2 fractured vertebrae and thyroid cancer

I'd say cut up another 10-15 pounds and you should look pretty good.

Try UD 2.0 if your worried about mass.

Bulk up, but do it slow. The average unassisted lifter won't gain but maybe a pound per week if he's really really working and eating properly. You will be very surprised what 10 pounds of muscle will do for your frame. Don't take my numbers as 100% stone cold cutoffs... but if you put on 20 pounds of muscle (should take you about 6 months of work) you'd blow up pretty well.
    Nothing you post ever makes any sense
    -Matt
    gym lifts: squat: 341lbs, deadlift: 374lbs, bench: 275lbs
    My journal: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85034
    "Fk you and the Prowler you rode in on"

but can be put back on in a matter of hours.
    Thats called water lol

20 pounds of muscle (should take you about 6 months of work)
    GOOD LUCK!!
    I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts. Time spent away from the Iron makes my mind degenerate. I wallow in a thick depression. My body shuts down my mind.

JOURNAL LONG ROAD TO STRENGTH! CHECK IT OUT
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...90#post1999490

Thanks for the steady replies. It is motivating to keep in this game.
    I am 33 years old. And yes, I suppose our single neighbor lady who is 70 something was enjoying the show in the bushes. Pending she noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by samj View Post
    Thats called water lol
    gaining 20 pounds of muscle in half a year isn't an epic achievement if your eating right and working hard in the gym with getting proper rest.

Quote Originally Posted by nhlfan View Post
    Nothing you post ever makes any sense
    Didn't know he was even considering a bulk when I made the first reply. Stop being so full of yourself...

@ the coment I made about how hard it would be...

It takes a lot more work and a lot more dedication/foucs to drop bodyfat the leaner you get. No point (IMO) to cut down to single digits if he's just going to bulk up again anyhow... even just the slight increase in calories will have him back in the low to mid teen's again before too long. Maybe hours was an exxageration, or ment more for those who get to about 5% or so... but its just not worth his time if he plans on bulking again...not for how he looks now.