The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Anything wrong?

Wannabebig Member

Anything wrong?

Hey guys, I'm 17 years old and I've been lifting for about a year and a half now. It started out for sports but now it's more of a hobby than anything. My point is, is there anything wrong with working the same muscle group more than once a week? Also, isn't it possible to put a respectable amount of mass on while staying lean ( Rather than the usual bulk and cut I suppose)?? I'm not aiming to point out my entire workout routine for you guys to critique it, but I wouldn't mind a little advice on the 2 questions I guess :P. Posting this, I can't hel[ but feel I'll be potentially ridiculed.. If I sound like a total idiot please go easy on me =]. Thanks guys.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

it would be a lot easier to answer your questions if you give us your current routine. you can work the same muscle group more than once a week, there are a lot of routines that do this. you can put on mass while staying lean, but you will not put on as much mass as you would if you "bulked". if you don't mind gaining like 1-2 pounds per month than it is fine.

Reach down between your legs and find a pair of balls. That's what it takes to lift big weights. Genetics is the weak man's excuse for why he sucks at life. Don't be that guy - RhodeHouse

Any man under 200lbs is a woman - RhodeHouse

Dr. Bodybuilder
    No, there is nothing wrong with that. However, you would have to lower the resistance on that muscle in each session you train it. I am assuming the muscle you are training will be trained with auxiliary movements(ex. barbell curls, leg extensions, chest flies, etc.) If this is true then try to use different exercises on the second day of training.

Have a look at this article by Christian Thibaudeau:
    How to Design a Damn Good Program, Part 1
    How to Design a Damn Good Program, Part 2

You could do a slow and clean bulk. This would allow you to build more muscle without adding much fat, but at a slower rate. I actually wouldn't recommend doing a slow bulk because your a teenager and they don't like to wait, myself included. Just do a clean bulk and you will be satisfied with the results.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by c3p; 07-27-2008 at 12:15 AM.
    Freshmen at Baylor College of Medicine
    Current status: Bulking

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by co14on View Post
    is there anything wrong with working the same muscle group more than once a week?
    Probably not given you're 17.

isn't it possible to put a respectable amount of mass on while staying lean ( Rather than the usual bulk and cut I suppose)??
    Possible, yes, but you'll probably have better results with bulking/cutting cycles, IMHO.

yeah theres definitly nothing wrong with working the same muslces more than once a week and as for your other question like the guys above me said you wont gain as fast but it is certainly possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post
    Genetics is the weak man's excuse for why he sucks at life. Don't be that guy.