The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Meal prep and homemade smoker pics

I thought I'd show off my homemade, tossed together smoker/grill. I use it to cook stuff for the week, mostly Sunday afternoons.

Nothin fancy, some cinder blocks, a few rocks, some dirt, tin, and expanded steel grate.

I've done briskets, ribs, chickens, sausage, fajitas.. whatever..

Its a fun place to hang out with friends and drink way too much, also.

The smoker (and the dog) -

Seating and "prep" area -

Fajitas -

Done -

Now I just chop em up, put em in tupperware, in about 10oz portions and toss em in the fridge, lunch for the week is essentially done now. Easy to toss in my bag on the way to the office.

Heat/Smoke control mechanism -

Enjoy~
    Gable
    Last edited by Gable; 07-27-2008 at 06:00 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    Bro I love to grill and I am impressed with what you have done. Who needs a thousand dollar outdoor kitchen and I bet the food tasted like a thousand bucks. Big Props Bro!!

So, what kinda wood do you throw under there?
    I'm guessing hickory is not easy to come by
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

Thank ya, Kajean - it needs a bit of tweaking to get more efficient.. when I do a 24+hr session of briskets it goes through a crap ton of wood.

Zen - It depends on what I'm doing.. today I used a bit of mesquite and oak.

The oak burns nice and long, and has an excellent, mild flavor. Mesquite has a strong flavor, burns hot and seems to be less even in its heat. I use pecan a lot too, slightly sweeter than oak, burns long and even as well.

All 3 are plentiful around here if you know where to go. I have some friends with ranches near here where I can take all the mesquite I want. Pecan and oak are easy enough to find too, and aren't too terribly expensive to buy from some of the local boys, if you get a big enough quantity.

Banned
    That smoker is fantastic...

Gable, sounds like you have some seriously good skills with that thing.
    When are you having us over for some ribs.
    Last edited by zen; 07-27-2008 at 07:51 PM.
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

Thanks Ben.

Zen -
    I love to cook.. in all forms.. and definitely love to eat! bring it on.. I haven't done ribs in awhile.. they are so damn expensive for the amount of meat you get.. I like briskets and whole chickens..

I really enjoy cooking on it.. its a very "rustic" piece to say the least.... I enjoy getting away from all the modern **** I am surrounded by at work , etc.. and getting back to the basics.. fire, smoke, meat.. delicious.