Thread: Ryan Kennelly and Inzer

Ryan Kennelly and Inzer

I am surprised no one has talked about this here. What are your thoughts? Evidently Ryan is back in with Sean Katterle who despises Inzer and I wonder if that is coloring Ryan's thoughts on matters? Interesting discussion if nothing else.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

i was wondering the same thing myself..
    Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!

Banned
    I had heard there was some bad blood regarding Kennelly's name for a website? I'm not sure how correct this is though. All hearsay.

Banned
    thats what he said in the interview wendler put up...he was quite pointed towards John Inzer personally

If you want to hear Ryan's own words go to www.inzersucks.com.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

NASA KY CHAIRMAN NASAKYCHAIRMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    I am surprised no one has talked about this here. What are your thoughts? Evidently Ryan is back in with Sean Katterle who despises Inzer and I wonder if that is coloring Ryan's thoughts on matters? Interesting discussion if nothing else.
    This whole situation pisses me off a little

I really don't like the whole situation because Inzer has giving so much back to Powerlifting Community. Why try to stab your ex-sponsor in the back? This whole situation could have been handled a lot better through email or phone call. All sponsored lifters have Inzer email or phone number! It's an honor to get sponsorship, but don't act like this. Nothing good will come from this at all!

The last 5 years, Inzer has given me almost $10,000 in gear & gift certificates to give alway at NASA meets. Again, you are in the wrong sport if you want to make a living from it. Competing is a hobby!!

I truly believe that sponsors should be treated with respect and loyalty. I always get attacked on other forums for promoting my sponsors. I have my own personal hating fan club on three other different training forums. Well, I'm going to continue to promote my sponsors and bring them more business. If you don't like it, don't read my post

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?
    Last edited by NASAKYCHAIRMAN; 07-28-2008 at 11:56 AM.

Banned
    I posted the interview a few days ago.They(Inzer) basically took his domain name and website and purchased it without his knowledge.Theyve cost him alot of money that he could have made from products,merch.He's not a happy guy.

Banned
    I'm sure John doesn't want to lose Ryan as a sponsored athlete. He has Gene, Mendelson, Donnie Thompson, Andy Bolton, Rob Luyando, Vincent Dizenzo - you name them, he's got 'em.

There are always miscommunications that go on. Either way, it doesn't really matter one bit. Donnie left Elite because he didn't like the direction the business was going. Maybe Ryan doesn't like the way John is teating him. Who knows besides Ryan?

Whatever the outcome, I just want to see ryan lift weights. He's truly an anomale. Whatever shirt he wears, he's gonna bench big, and that's all I really care about.

Like Big Willie said, thank your sponsors. It's an honor to be a sponsored athlete. They don't have to sponsor you, they choose to. That's how I see it. SFW!

I agree, it seems like the wrong way to go about getting something you want by talking about it on a radio interview. No matter what, you should not go off on a sponsor like that. Things should be handled between the two people and then when a resolution is reached a public statement is fine. The way things went with Donnie and Elite in my opinion was a great way. Donnie handled himself in a very professional way and so did Elite.

The way I see it, we are not going to be making a living at this sport any time soon. Its a hobby and how many people can say they get sponsored to do their hobby? not many. I'm bummed Ryan has gone a different direction than Inzer because I think it'll take him awhile to find a comparable shirt which will really hamper his competition. Connecting with Sean Katterale I don't think is a good idea though

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

i agree with most on here, it could have been handled a lot better. but Ryan is not the type of guy to give a s***, and thats why i love him.

personally i've had awful experience with customer service with Inzer.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

UPA Lousiana Chairman Eric Downey's Avatar
    You should respect the people helping you but you they have to respect you back. I train with 2 of the best benchers and full meets lifters out there. Both can afford to buy what ever they need not really needing to get free stuff, but there is a mutual respect between them and the business owner. With out the respect it does matter how good you are. Also we don't and may never know what has happen over the phone or email between Ryan and John to lead them to the point there at now. Either way its a ****ty spot to be in.
    CLASH FOR CASH RAW504 SEPT. 11, 2010 KENNER, LA CLICK FOR INFO
    Eric "BIG EZY" Downey
    RAW BENCH BEST: 523 Raw Unity 2010
    RAW UNITY VID
    RAW TOTAL BEST:534.5 - 507 - 556.5 1598 APA Raw Nationals 2010
    534 SQUAT
    507 BENCH
    556 DEADLIFT
    Facebook YOUTUBE

I have never spoken to Inzer in person. I have had one of his representatives call me when we had some affiliation with Sean Katterle. I have also heard a lot about him (Inzer) having a very unique personality.

That said, he defintely gives a LOT back to the sport.

Now, I have met Ryan and he seemed like a decent guy.

It sounds like a relationship gone bad and a power play is going on.

I believe that Ryan tried to work things out with Inzer, before he went public. Everyone doesn't agree, but I think the top sponsored lifters should be paid under a contract. This would keep this public bickering from happening. Ryan definately tells it like he feels, but he burnt that bridge to the ground with Inzer. I think he got a little to personal in his attack on Inzer, but it shows just how pissed he is. I'm sure that Ryan will be able to put up huge #'s in any shirt he decides to wear.

I agree with others that it might not be a good idea for him to get involved in business dealings with Katterle after his last experience with him.
    Can't wait 'til tomorrow, 'cause I get stronger every day!

I think this is between Ryan and John. As far as anyone telling another person how to run a business, that'a s joke. I like how so many are willing to put up Inzer's money. If you feel so bad for someone, send them a check. John has been nothing but supportive and generous to me. I think Ryan is the best bencher in the world and he has always been great in any correspondence I have had with him. I hope somehow this gets worked out in a mutually beneficial manner.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Vinny, you're right, it is between Ryan and John. But Ryan took the trash public, right or wrong, it happened. It also amazes me that so many powerlifters think that even the best don't deserve to receive a paycheck for what they do. I'm not saying that everyone that gets a free shirt once in a while should be paid, but damn, with guys like Kennelly & Luyando pushin with weights they do and also advertising that name every time they get on the platform, as well as on the internet, they should get a few pennies for it. Unfortunately PL never gets any TV coverage, where the $$ are at. I just saw a National Jump rope comp on FOX sports. Geeez.
    Can't wait 'til tomorrow, 'cause I get stronger every day!

Man i am really sorry to hear about this fallout I know inzer is a pretty good sponsor from what i understand but if Ryan isnt getting paid anything or very little i could understand his frustration i know he has got to be coming out of pocket quite a bit for his travel and hotels food etc..I understand there isnt much money in powerlifting and that isnt the reason why lifters compete they compete because they love the sport.But at the same time with the cost of gas getting to the meets etc.. I could understand him wanting some money to cover his expenses he is a Top caliber lifter these demands shouldnt be such a demand for a company like Inzer thats been around for awhile and about his bench press performance i dont see why he should have to stop wearing his phenom just because of his performance if the shirt works use it.I wish Ryan the best of luck and i hope him and Inzer get things patched up

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik 23 View Post
    Man i am really sorry to hear about this fallout I know inzer is a pretty good sponsor from what i understand but if Ryan isnt getting paid anything or very little i could understand his frustration i know he has got to be coming out of pocket quite a bit for his travel and hotels food etc..I understand there isnt much money in powerlifting and that isnt the reason why lifters compete they compete because they love the sport.But at the same time with the cost of gas getting to the meets etc.. I could understand him wanting some money to cover his expenses he is a Top caliber lifter these demands shouldnt be such a demand for a company like Inzer thats been around for awhile and about his bench press performance i dont see why he should have to stop wearing his phenom just because of his performance if the shirt works use it.I wish Ryan the best of luck and i hope him and Inzer get things patched up
    Dude, punctuation and spaces between sentences. Your posts are brutal to try and read. It's basic english skills. Help a blind dude out.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post
    Dude, punctuation and spaces between sentences. Your posts are brutal to try and read. It's basic english skills. Help a blind dude out.
    Haha Sorry bout that bro,Your right ill correct that from now on had a long day.

I agree with Ryan that someone like him SHOULD be making money from the sport and or his sponsors. The guys is the best of the best. He is also someone who has transcended the sport to some degree so it would be worth it to pay him something in my opinion.

Now, I am not saying it is incumbent on Inzer to pay him, that is his choice. I just understand Ryan's position on the issue of pay. In truth, I would be willing to pay him some kind of a monthly stipend in return for the proper endorsement on his end. He is the Jordan of his sport, a consistent performer who keeps upping the bar and is recognized by bodybuilders as well as powerlifters.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    He is the Jordan of his sport,
    He's more of a Lebron James. Louie is the Jordan.
    Last edited by TheSeeker; 07-28-2008 at 10:25 PM.