Thread: "Up Your Bench Press 30lbs in 30 days!"

Hybrid View

Banned

"Up Your Bench Press 30lbs in 30 days!"

after reading this several times i realised i couldnt do the following exercises due to lack of equipment. my parents wont get me a gym membership, i have enough money to go for several months but they wont buy it unless i have enough for half a year...buying new equipment is also out cause i cant afford that either. dont even suggest it, my moms a stupid bitch and i already have gotten into several fights with my dad about how ridiculous my parents are. they dont buy me anything besides food.

whatever is in stars i dont have enough equipment for...

mondays routine

-bench press 3x65% for 3 sets
    *****-skull crushers 2x10*****(bench press is a piece of ****, leg press on one side, which doesnt let me use it for skulls)

*****-tricep pushdowns 1x10*****

-squat 2x5 (can do these but no safety bars)

*****-lat pulldown (curl grip)*****

*****-calf raise 2x10 to failure*****

*****machine ab crunch 2x10 to failure*****

heres wednesdays routine

-bench press-2x75% for 3 sets

*****tricep pushdown-1x10*****

*****deadlift-2x3*****(i cannot go heavy enough for a 3rm, only 285 lbs in plates

-ab crunch-2x10, to failure

fridays routine

-bench press 2x85% for 2 sets

*****-dumbbell bench press 1x30 or more reps to failure*****(no dumbbells)

*****-skull crushers 2x8*****

*****tricep pushdowns 1x10*****

*****-leg press 2x6*****

*****-lat pulldown w/ curl grip 2x10*****

*****-calf raise 2x10 to failure*****

*****-ab crunch-2x10 to failure*****

ok i cant even do close to half of the routine without swapping the exercises for something else. if i did that the routine would most likely not do anything.

my current routine is bill starrs 5x5, i have been doing it for 6 weeks so far. missed bench weight on the 3rd week, ended up getting the 3rd weeks bench on the 5th week...missed the 4th weeks bench on my 6th week. all the misses are by 1 rep.

dont tell me that i can gain strength perfectly fine with a 300 lb olympic weight set and a ****ty marcy bench as easily as someone that actually has a pair of dumbbells to use.

quit my current job because i was working from 7am-4pm for less than 4$ an hour. wage was set and i had to go in early because of my bitch mom who didnt want to drive me in later. was supposed to work from 9am-3pm.

i spent about a half an hour making this post, if you dont have any advice please dont post or complain about me personally. act like im a new poster.

Banned
    Seriously man - go back and read your post. It's filled with excuses of why you can't instead of ways to work around the things that you can't do. Try alternating something else for the things you can't do. No one said you had to follow that program to the T. Sub pullups for lat pulldowns. Do skulls off of the other end of the bench out of the uprights. Unbolt the damn leg extension. Find what works or ways you can make it work...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
    Seriously man - go back and read your post. It's filled with excuses of why you can't instead of ways to work around the things that you can't do. Try alternating something else for the things you can't do. No one said you had to follow that program to the T. Sub pullups for lat pulldowns. Do skulls off of the other end of the bench out of the uprights. Unbolt the damn leg extension. Find what works or ways you can make it work...
    cant do pullups either(no pullup bar), if i did remove the extension there would still be a pole that sticks out that would prevent me from doing them.

i don't see any question marks. Is there a question or are you just trying to prove what a complainer you are? you can't afford what you want so you quit your job?

Banned
    I can see why you have your user name.

Come on man - my point is find other exercises to do the program. Of course not everyone is going to have access to a leg press. You find something else. A pullup bar is less than $20 at any sporting goods store. SAve up over a couple of paychecks. What are you doing that pays less than $4 per hour? Waiting or bussing tables? Find another job. Get some motivation and fire and you will be able to do what you want man. Hell half of my home gym is crap that I made because I didn't have the money for the real thing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by j8715 View Post
    i don't see any question marks. Is there a question or are you just trying to prove what a complainer you are? you can't afford what you want so you quit your job?
    I can see why you have your user name.

Come on man - my point is find other exercises to do the program. Of course not everyone is going to have access to a leg press. You find something else. A pullup bar is less than $20 at any sporting goods store. SAve up over a couple of paychecks. What are you doing that pays less than $4 per hour? Waiting or bussing tables? Find another job. Get some motivation and fire and you will be able to do what you want man. Hell half of my home gym is crap that I made because I didn't have the money for the real thing.
    im gonna ask chris to change my name or something first of all. and i explained why i quit my job...

i cant find another job because im only 15 and my towns a piece of ****. the only other option would be mcdonalds and that will never ****ing happen.

my current job was preparing/serving/transferring food and serving materials. was doing more work than the other employees and couldnt really do anything about it.

i wanted to work at the gym i planned on going to when i turned 16, however my mom wont let me get a job during the year...

Banned
    McDonalds may be the answer bud - you get a free meal while at work and make more money. Then you can afford what you want.

McDonalds may be the answer bud - you get a free meal while at work and make more money. Then you can afford what you want.

for pullups use a tree branch. if you don't have one, walk around until you find one. in fact, make a sandbag and carry it until you find one. its all a matter of how bad you want it.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lonesXedge View Post

for pullups use a tree branch. if you don't have one, walk around until you find one. in fact, make a sandbag and carry it until you find one. its all a matter of how bad you want it.
    come to think of it, the nearest tree i could pullups on is probably more than a mile away ;/. i live in a town, its not like the middle of ohio where you can walk around naked and no one knows. where i live you would be relieved if you could find a parking spot...

Quote Originally Posted by failed View Post
    come to think of it, the nearest tree i could pullups on is probably more than a mile away ;/. i live in a town, its not like the middle of ohio where you can walk around naked and no one knows. where i live you would be relieved if you could find a parking spot...
    then find a window seal or a pipe or something dude. you can't tell me there is nothing to do pullups off of. i can walk around my house inside and out and find 10 places to do them.

if you are going to post excuse after excuse then i will no longer attempt to help you, and you can sit at your computer and feel sorry for yourself.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

then find a window seal or a pipe or something dude. you can't tell me there is nothing to do pullups off of. i can walk around my house inside and out and find 10 places to do them.

if you are going to post excuse after excuse then i will no longer attempt to help you, and you can sit at your computer and feel sorry for yourself.
    sorry failed, i agree. looks like you have some growing up to do, maybe that will help you reach your goals
    Sarvamangalam!

ive done this before^^^
    Sarvamangalam!

Banned
    ok i would never eat that ****ty food, no offense to you or anyone else. i am on a very clean diet (more of what a bodybuilder eats except i eat alot of it). unhealthy eating is out of the question.

another problem is im not putting up with anyone that doesnt talk english. i dont know how it is where you live but here in new york half the population is ****in spanish/mexican. at the job i quit, there were 2 spanish workers that didnt speak a word of english!!! i cant stand that ****. not trying to be racist but is extremely frustrating when you cant understand them.

also, if someone made fun of me for working there i would probably knock the **** out of them. would get me into an even worse situation ;/
    Last edited by frank; 07-28-2008 at 05:39 PM.

Banned
    Yep, I'm done here. Good luck man.

Banned
    you guys are acting like pullups are the best exercise in the world. there are too many exercises on that chart that i cannot do. i think i already said that replacing so many wont give me similar results as the original plan will.

all im asking for is advice on what routine i should do...i dont have many choices, if any at all.

also: sorry for wasting your time
    Last edited by frank; 07-28-2008 at 05:59 PM.

failed, you have posted questions regarding what routine you should be doing many many times. Just go lift. End of story. If you feel that you just can't do the program that ALN has put out, don't do it. Pretty simple. You do not seem to be really interested in solving your problems with inadequate equipment or gym membership.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

This guy never learns. You have a barbell and 300lbs of weights. Go get strong.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kastro View Post
    This guy never learns. You have a barbell and 300lbs of weights. Go get strong.
    you can tell me this but as i have read not many of you are in a situation i am in. you have access to all the equipment you need.

And so do you. I think this is another thread that has given all the information needed

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym