The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

A couple of lifting questions

I've been doing the WBB 1.1 Routine for about a month now(just off and on though...I've been lifting more consistently the last couple of weeks) and I was wondering if I should do all 6 sets of a lift first, then go onto the next lift and do the 6 reps, then the next lift, etc., or should I do one set of one, then one of another and work it evenly accross the board vs. doing one lift all at once.

A problem I've discovered while lifting is that I do not usually have the endurance to complete 6 sets of each lift. If I only complete 3-4 sets will that slow down improvement much more than doing all 6?

Last but not least, I think tonight just was an off night lifting, but I was shooting a basketball for about 40 minutes before I started lifting, so I'm wondering if this had any impact in tonights decline in bench. Last time I benched I could lift 135x6 and tonight I could only do 135x5.

Thanks for any tips.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    You need to make sure you get enough rest on this routine, nothing at the weekend or on a wednesday.

Regarding the 6 reps, i have been on this routine for the past 4 weeks, i have completed each set the way it says to complete but the first 4 weeks you do not go to maximum on each set, i am sure it says to do about 70-80% of 1 rep max, this way you are workijgn the musclkes but not burning them out, then the next 4 weeks i believe you do the same routine but less reps and sets but more weight.

Hope this makes sence

Personally i cant see the problem with doing 5 x 5 if you need to but i know a lot of people have said WBB1.1 is a good routine so i am sticking to the t.

I look a bit of a fool doing the rope through the leg thrust!! on the same day as the step ups!! Not sure what it is called but i do get some funny looks!!

What about trying WBB 1 to begin with?
    The average is the borderline that keeps mere men in their place. Those who step over the line are heroes by the very
    act. Go. - H. Rollins