Thread: Cutting and Feeling Depressed Today - Any Help?

PaddleSkiBikeClimbHikeLift Hunt's Avatar

Cutting and Feeling Depressed Today - Any Help?

I have been cutting now for 43 days - I have only had a few cheat meals during that entire time and my calorie intake has dropped to about 2100 a day. I have seen some good objective results with nearly 13 lbs of weight lost (greater than 11lbs of which is fat) and have also had the subjective benefit of others telling me I'm looking good. When I look at myself I feel good that my stomach is now flat and my V is taking shape; however, I also am beginning to feel quite skinny. When I go to the gym and see all these guys who either don't care about their diets or are bulking, I begin to feel really small. I am driven to cut down to a certain point (I was hoping for 180# from 205# or till I can see a six pack) but it is getting progressively more difficult mentally.

I also am beginning to stress about what happens when I am done cutting. I am not certain how to transition my diet and cardio routine at that point. I would like to cut and then turn to putting on as much muscle mass as leanly as possible and I wonder how to transition to a routine like that...I dont want my body after a strict cut to just grab all those calories and go nuts and store them all as fat.

My current 2100 cal is about 50% protein/30% carb/20% fat and I am unsure what ratio to use (40/40/20??) and what calorie level to go to (BWx15? BWx18) and how quickly to increase my caloric intake to that new level from my current level.

Please help if any can thanks...

That's just kind of how cutting goes man. I know it sucks, but you just have to focus on how you look better now, and how much better you will look when your done.
    I think when you are done cutting you should increase cals slowly until you are gaining at a good rate(you decide what is good). Probably just swich your carbs and protein ratio and that should be good for bulking, or something around there. Also 2100 cals is pretty low for being around 190. You dont want to slow your metabolism down. well that my 2 cents.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

cutting is brutal, the body feels like crap when it losses fat. no doubt about it, we are used to storing fat and not lossing it... i feel you though

peace

Originally posted by smalls
    That's just kind of how cutting goes man. I know it sucks, but you just have to focus on how you look better now, and how much better you will look when your done.
    I think when you are done cutting you should increase cals slowly until you are gaining at a good rate(you decide what is good). Probably just swich your carbs and protein ratio and that should be good for bulking, or something around there. Also 2100 cals is pretty low for being around 190. You dont want to slow your metabolism down. well that my 2 cents.
    Can relate to the above comments and the calorie deficit . . . I'm currently at 2700 p/day, down from 3900 p/day. (I use 40p/20f/40c)

I plan on decreasing down to 2500 p/day and see how that feel/goes. Currently I'm losing about 1.25 lbs. p/week and don't want to go much lower than that.

To say I feel small would be an understatement.

In my experience it's been most healthy to increase at the same rate as you decreased to prevent the fat storage we all hate so much.

Hang-in there.
    Best Regards,