The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Gamer/Lifter

German Doctor giving a friend the run around

Ok, ever hear that story about that kid that is fighting a illness that is super rare in its current condition and his chance of living past the age of 12 is 1%. Well my moms friend has a little boy who is 5 years old with a condition to that degree. He has had countless open heart surgerious none of whihc has fixed it. So his Mother in a disserpate attempt researched new surgical methods to try and save her son's life. And she found one, its a risky surgeroy, one that can easily go wrong living the boy dead on the table.

Needless to say his normal doctor isn't willing to do it, he says that the surgerogy is too risky and he wouldn't want to do it until the boy is older, problem being this boy will most likely be dead by that time without this being done to him. So his mother said fine she'll find someone that'll do it. SHe did as well.

A doctor in Austria said he'd do it, he was part of the development of this suregory early on. Hes very familiar with it and said that he'd be more then happy to try and make it work. He also said the chances of failure are high and the boy may die in the operating room. To which his Mother glaldly agreed and understood the risks. Now to do this surgeory this doctor needs proof of previous operations done, and of his condition, essentially medical records and suregory paperwork. All of which should be readily avaliable to her. She simply needs to ask.

Now this may seem like its coming out to a success story. Which until this next part it very well has. We found a method to try and save this boys life, we found a perosn who is willing to give it his best shot, and we found a ways and a means. Whats the problem?

The paperwork, the boys doctor refuses to give up the paperwork apparently. It doesn't directly admit to it however claims all kinds of BS reasons why he can't deliever it. We know however he's worried for this boys life and he efels the operation is too risky to undertake. Therefore he is stone walling us on this. However its not his choice to make. The doctor we are going to is one of the best around so we aren't looking at a 2nd rate doctor here. Top of his class etc blah blah. Doctor has a lot of experience too and says he feels he can do it, however the boy may die.

So this doctor from Germany refuses to give us the required paperwork for this operation, although he has it. Kinda BS if you ask me. This boys life span is VERY SHORT, if we just left him as be right now today he'd last 6 months to a year depending on his will to live. If this sugeroy is done and its succesfull it will most likely permanetly fix the condition, should it fail he may well die on the operating table, at least he didn't suffer a painful death. Which if we live him be is exactly how it'll end up being.

So right now my moms is going down with her friend to ask ploitely again for the paperwork, should he say no we return unannounced with a lawyer and demand it that day and tell them to give us the paperwork or we sue the enxt day.

What do you guys think?
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I wannabebig!
    i dont know how it works over there... but here that would be illegal as you are entitled to your own records

Gamer/Lifter
    My mom is a german nurse, she was in the system for nearly 18 years before she got out cause she got married and moved away from Germany. As far as we are aware we are entitled to the records as well. As far as I am aware also there is no legal right this doctor has to deny this mother's her sons medical paperwork. We intend on asking once more (tomorrow) should they say no or give us the run around we research it and hire a lawyer.

By we I am implying my family and hers since we've been helping them out for quite some time.

The hospital wants to attempt another open heart suregory, same thing as the other times. The thing to do this for them which is by the book, attempt to give the patient alive long enough to wear he reaches an age where an advanced suregory which is tried and proven can be done. That's their plan, problem being he doesn't have the luxury of time. Should nothing happen by the time i'm 20 he'll be dead, and thats in under a year's time.
    Last edited by Nik00117; 07-30-2008 at 03:03 PM.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

I was disappointed upon opening this thread. I was under the impression that it would contain a joke.

This is a useless quote that means nothing but yet defines me as a profound intellect.

6'1", 220@9%
    Bench 420
    Deadlift 710
    Squat 610

Looking for the best supplements?
    http://www.atlargenutrition.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    I was disappointed upon opening this thread. I was under the impression that it would contain a joke.
    I thought this was going to be some sort of a joke as well. Thats a pretty sad story and I hope everything works at for the best. Couldn't even imagine what I would do if my child was born with that kind of condition.

Banned
    Do you have to go through the doctor or can you go through a secretary or something? If its your legal right to its your legal right to so it shouldn't matter who gives it to you I would think.

Gamer/Lifter
    A lot of great questions. Concerning who we go through I believe its the doctor shes been this kids primary care giver since he was born. Therefore she has all the paperwork. I really don't care who gives it to us, so long as we get it.

Banned
    that is horrible to hear, i ll pray for the best.

its also sad that people here want socialized health care where things like that could happen in the US.

Sad story.

But I have to admit I did chuckle at how many times you misspelled surgery. Particularly amusing was when you spelt it 'suregory', well I suppose surgery 'sure is gory'.

Gamer/Lifter
    Truth of the matter is Hawk, had there been no socialized health care in Germany the mother could of never afforded the treatments the boy required.