The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If my legs are very much closer then shoulder width then I can't go down all the way...my knees won't allow me too.

heathj, thats how I am too. I squat all the way down but with a stance right around shoulder width(or a bit wider).
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

BCC, Your knees are way too far forward in those pics and the weight is forward on your toes... real bad for your knees and for stability. Do not let your knees go farther forward than your toes and keep the weight back over your heals. The shinsplints you complain about are probably because of your shoes... go get yourself some old Converse all stars... chuck taylors or somthing similar are great. They have the flat sole that doesn't force the weight forward over your toes and some decent ankle support.
    "We cannot but pity the boy who has never fired a gun; he is no more humane, while his education has been sadly neglected."
    -Henry David Thoreau

"For the last ten years, Saddam has been building, stockpiling and hiding weapons all over the ****in desert, while laughing at the UN. As soon as Bush says, 'That's it we're comin in to kick your ass,' and the UN is inches away from supporting him. Saddam turns around and says, 'Um... United Nations.... sure, we'll let the weapons inspectors in.... no terms or conditions.' The United Nations.... being the left-wing, pansy-ass, limp-wristed, liberal bastards they are, turn around and believe him."
    -Col. Foreman, USAF

email: tadger@wannabebig.com
    secure email: tadger@cyber-rights.net

Actually, in the last picture, you can't tell from that angle, but my knees are actually behind my feet.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Banned

Well...

If I want to put maximum weight on the bar, I will squat one inch or less. If I want to put big squat numbers on my online journal, I will also multiply it by 2.

Seriously, it depends whether you want to stress your quads or your glutes.

Originally posted by BigChaseyChase
    Actually, in the last picture, you can't tell from that angle, but my knees are actually behind my feet.
    Erm, you mean behind the level of your toes? Otherwise that's physiologically impossible.

Can you take a side shot of those ATF squats?
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Yeah, I meant behind the level of my toes, I'll take a picture in a little bit and post it on here.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

I was talkin about the first pic in particular. I know that it's kinda hard to watch your form when you're worried about the pic n stuff too. Either way... as long as ya know... and you get youself some chuck taylors it's all good. heh heh heh.
    "We cannot but pity the boy who has never fired a gun; he is no more humane, while his education has been sadly neglected."
    -Henry David Thoreau

"For the last ten years, Saddam has been building, stockpiling and hiding weapons all over the ****in desert, while laughing at the UN. As soon as Bush says, 'That's it we're comin in to kick your ass,' and the UN is inches away from supporting him. Saddam turns around and says, 'Um... United Nations.... sure, we'll let the weapons inspectors in.... no terms or conditions.' The United Nations.... being the left-wing, pansy-ass, limp-wristed, liberal bastards they are, turn around and believe him."
    -Col. Foreman, USAF

email: tadger@wannabebig.com
    secure email: tadger@cyber-rights.net