The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Back spasms...

Back spasms...

I was doing my squats today. I was in a rush, I had to cut down my workout time because i had to take my grandfather to get his car from the dealership.

So I cut my warmup sets and started squatting 275. I did 260 last workout. On the 5th rep of the 3rd set I felt the tweak when my A was to the G

I dropped the weight and fell over.

Anyway after 4 hours in a wooden chair in a waiting room I get nothing because a handful of vicodin. This is was $100 a month insurance gets you I guess

Anyway, once I'm mobile again how should I go about rehabilitating myself. I don't know how long it's going to be, it's not as bad as the last time this happened, but I don't want to lose my mass and strength I've gained so far...

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by dasfonzie View Post
    I was doing my squats today. I was in a rush, I had to cut down my workout time because i had to take my grandfather to get his car from the dealership.

So I cut my warmup sets and started squatting 275. I did 260 last workout. On the 5th rep of the 3rd set I felt the tweak when my A was to the G

I dropped the weight and fell over.

Anyway after 4 hours in a wooden chair in a waiting room I get nothing because a handful of vicodin. This is was $100 a month insurance gets you I guess

Anyway, once I'm mobile again how should I go about rehabilitating myself. I don't know how long it's going to be, it's not as bad as the last time this happened, but I don't want to lose my mass and strength I've gained so far...

The first thing you should do is get the green light from your doctor as when you can train again and how to avoid a re-injury

I dont have a doctor atm. I have to make an appointment which takes 2 weeks for first timers apparently. I was just hoping to have something to do before then. Maybe some light yoga?

Banned
    When you go back to squatting, start light but with high reps to get the back conditioned to take bigger loads. I ripped my calf muscle and a tendon in february and when I went back to lifting I would do 2 sets of 20 at 135, 1 set of 20 at 185, 1 set of 10 to 20 at 225 and would take 50 pound jumps when the injured area was ready for it. Yeah, it's a crap load of reps but it helped a lot. Even before adding weight, I would squat with just the bar or eben without teh bar to get mobility back and stretch the injured area. Those weights were based on my pre-injury max of 565, they felt light and I got bored with them but it helped come back from the injury.

Always warm up before you go heavy or else it'll happen again. Good luck.

A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dasfonzie View Post
    it's not as bad as the last time this happened,
    how didi it happen before, what did you do to fix it, how long did it take?
    Sarvamangalam!

Last time the connective tissue was torn, it was several months before I was able to walk without pain