I don't have Rx insurance coverage. If I took the 2 meds the doctor prescribed for me, it would cost me $645/month for one and $450/month for the other.
I am looking for cheaper drugs online. I read in the NYT that 80% of drugs sold online are fake!
Can anyone recommend a site? Preferably in Canada.
I found http://www.canamericaglobal.com/ through http://pharmacychecker.com but how can I trust them...
Nate what are you taking? I'm a pharmacist and have worked in retail in the past. Couple options without knowing what you are taking:
1. Shop around - prices vary significantly between pharmacies. CostCo and Sam's club have good prices and last I checked they didn't require a membership to use the pharmacy. Target and the grocery stores are usually pretty good as well. Big chains like Walgreens, and CVS usually do not have good prices.
2. Look for coupons on the manufactureres website. Most brand name meds have websites dedicated to them and those website often times have coupons that you can get. Your doc may also have coupons.
3. Ask your doc for samples. Explain the situation and see what happens.
4. Look for less expensive alternatives. If you want to PM the names of the meds I can see what I can recommend.
5. I would be very wary of any meds from online pharmacies. The NY board of pharmacy did a study about 15 years ago looking into Canadian drugs and found that there were almost as many counterfeit drugs coming from Canada as there are from Mexico.
"Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988