Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Pick Em Pool 08-09

NFL Pick Em Pool 08-09

To those of you from last year, do you know if we are having one this year?

I'd be in for sure, I'll tell you guys what if I managed to go a whole season without missing a week you'd all be in trouble. Last two years in a row I missed a week and still ended up in the runnings.

Okla.2A State Track Champs weasel's Avatar
    I'd definately be in it.
    “Your chances of success in any undertaking can always be measured by your belief in yourself.” - Robert Collier

revenge will be mine....

if we do it
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

Bench:255 Squat:295 Dead:400
    Snatch:145 C&J: 205
    Chin-Up: +135 Dip: +100
    Max Pull-Ups: 44

CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

You want our weapons!? Come and get them!

if you guys do it would people who didn't do it last year be able to be in? If so, I'm down.

I PMed Mr. Webb asking if he is going to run it this year. If not, I'd be happy to set it up.

Iron4Life
    Although I didn't win the pool... I was the only one who picked the Giants to win the SB from day one..
    check it out... I was called
    Giants_win_it_all

So I'm in.. and my pick sticks...
    The Giants will repeat!!

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL View Post
    I'd be in for sure, I'll tell you guys what if I managed to go a whole season without missing a week you'd all be in trouble. Last two years in a row I missed a week and still ended up in the runnings.
    What running were you in last year? Not to finish in last place? I'm pretty sure you stopped picking altogether halfway through the season and finished towards the bottom of the pool. This was after guaranteeing a top three finish.

Ok guys. It looks like I am in charge of it this year.

Here's the link: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....ster/joingroup

PM me for the PW. First come, first serve.

$150 worth of At Large Nutrition Products
    $100 worth of At Large Nutrition Products
    $50 worth of At Large Nutrition Products

Gonna set a deadline of August 31 to join. Remember first 25 only.
    Last edited by yankeekd25; 08-10-2008 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    What running were you in last year? Not to finish in last place? I'm pretty sure you stopped picking altogether halfway through the season and finished towards the bottom of the pool. This was after guaranteeing a top three finish.
    I finished at LEAST in the top quater of the pool, and I missed a complete week all together.

The only thing I quit halfway through (twice) was the fantasy football because I got eff'ed a lot in that one (my own fault but still). Pick em is way easier to keep on top of then fantasy football.

Had I not gotten all the picks wrong for one week (for missing it) I very well may have finished in the top 3. I was very VERY consistent last season.

I'm in

I finished at LEAST in the top quater of the pool, and I missed a complete week all together.
    You were not in the top six, that I know for sure. Myself, kickbacks, Bob and Talking God all had an outside shot the last few weeks. You didn't, that I know for a fact.
    The only thing I quit halfway through (twice) was the fantasy football because I got eff'ed a lot in that one (my own fault but still). Pick em is way easier to keep on top of then fantasy football.
    Quitter
    Had I not gotten all the picks wrong for one week (for missing it) I very well may have finished in the top 3. I was very VERY consistent last season.
    You were five picks out of first (with a lot of people grouped together) when you missed a week and I think you finished more games behind me than games played in a week. I think there were only four people who could have passed me the last week and the top three were pretty much set in stone. Either way, you weren't in the running at the end and you weren't in the top quarter at the end. Stop lying.
    Last edited by Mike G; 08-05-2008 at 07:10 PM.

As far as I can remember I finished no lower then middle of the pack, which wasn't bad at all since I missed a week.

I don't care how many games separated how many people, that really doesn't matter.

I'm not lying, that's as best I can remember. Although I really don't care what you have to say/think about how much I can remember about last seasons pickem.

As far as I can remember I finished no lower then middle of the pack, which wasn't bad at all since I missed a week.
    Look at your posts, in the running, top quarter at LEAST, now middle of the pack.
    I don't care how many games separated how many people, that really doesn't matter.
    When the whole contest is based around games, it does matter.
    I'm not lying, that's as best I can remember. Although I really don't care what you have to say/think about how much I can remember about last seasons pickem.
    Then why are you responding? If you don't care, then stop talking yourself up about things that don't even matter. Besides, I'm just busting your balls.

Honestly I responded because I really had nothing better to do at the exact point in time. My lady friend is at work and most of my other friends are either out of town or are broke/being boring. Thats why I'm even on the computer.

And I know your busting my balls, I'm going to assume just for the same reason I responded.
    Last edited by WBBIRL; 08-05-2008 at 08:07 PM.

yankeed25...link still doesn't work...

didn't work ever, just go into yahoo fantasy football pickem and enter the league ID and password.. thats what I did.

Cirino, Giants got lucky? Just let it go and be happy the Celtics won.

18 and one lucky catch. I'm thrilled the celtics won and the sox last year but that Pats loss still burns. We'll see how this season plays out.

Good news! We have a prize pool. Same as last year.

Last edited by yankeekd25; 08-06-2008 at 06:41 PM.

What say we do $5 a piece entry too? Maybe into a paypal account? One of the moderators or someone from ALN could set it up, they're free to make and pretty much free to use.

Top 3 pays out along with the rest of the prizes, that would make it 62.50 for first, 37.50 for second and 25 for third (50%,30%,20%)

What do you guys think? It would make it more interesting, $5 is just a throw out there price though. I'd be willing to go in for as much as $20 but the money is really more of just to have something for the winners.

What say we do $5 a piece entry too? Maybe into a paypal account? One of the moderators or someone from ALN could set it up, they're free to make and pretty much free to use.

Top 3 pays out along with the rest of the prizes, that would make it 62.50 for first, 37.50 for second and 25 for third (50%,30%,20%)

What do you guys think? It would make it more interesting, $5 is just a throw out there price though. I'd be willing to go in for as much as $20 but the money is really more of just to have something for the winners.
    I'd be willing to buy in. I'd prolly be down with anything from 5-20 bucks. Money to go along with protein? Count me in.

I was doing much debating about the deadline for paying too...

If it was $20 buy in I think the deadline should be week 8, if it's $5 lets just do it right up front. 50%,30%,20% breakdown 1st,2nd,3rd.... I'm always broke but I know I can get 5$ by season start and I know I'd have $20 come week 8. Typical college kid's finances lol

Those who don't pay by the deadline, simply don't win the money section of the prizes... it would bump down to the next person in the line. So that would make it possible for someone to win money but not win any ALN prizes.

Only have about 6 signups so far. Remember guys, this is for prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeekd25 View Post
    Ok guys. It looks like I am in charge of it this year.

Here's the link: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....&reg_confirm=1

PM me for the PW. First come, first serve.

Yankeekd25, I am clicking on the link to join, but keep getting a message indicating I am not a member of the group. Is there something else I need to do?
    Last edited by joey54; 08-10-2008 at 02:55 PM.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!