The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar

All I gotta say is...

FTGP.

Last edited by Hatred; 05-28-2008 at 11:56 PM.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It doesn't work!?

I am intrigued! FIX IT!
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    ??? not showing
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

I see photo sharing links don't work with the upgrade.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

"This image or video has been moved or deleted"

That's all I got Hatey
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Well when you have a naughty effin word in the title WBB gets all cumflusterbated.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    wow, i feel ya pain bro, whats that like over 5 bucks a gallon??

this **** has got to stop

i say we start a revolution, not by not driving, im talking a ****ing man hunt!!!!...lol
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Wannabebig Member

Oh yeah. Then I'd only have to get up at oh wait..... Rapid transit doesn't even start running until after I'm at work....and they don't make it to ELDorado Hills. So while we're at it....

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=4934566
    or even better...

Last edited by Hatred; 05-29-2008 at 01:40 AM.

damn that is HORRIBLE! 100 bucks for 23 gallons.

LMAO at you giving it the finger.

Gamer/Lifter
    Here in Germany you'd easily pay 180 for that.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Quote Originally Posted by BigCorey75 View Post
    wow, i feel ya pain bro, whats that like over 5 bucks a gallon??
    $4.28
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

hahahah ;love the finger
    i bleed oil

"but seriously dude georgeous women reside everywhere, go look and ****" - BigCorey75

In Chicago it was over $4.50 this past weekend. And I remember everyone complaining when he hit over $2 per gallon after 9/11.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by Nik00117 View Post
    Here in Germany you'd easily pay 180 for that.
    This isn't Germany. Our gas prices have more than doubled in the last 5 years.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Its $4 where I live and is expected to rise well beyond that over the summer! I think I'm going to cry.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd View Post
    This isn't Germany. Our gas prices have more than doubled in the last 5 years.
    I agree!

I remember when I first started driving 20 bucks went a long way.....now its just laughable.
    Last edited by Jordanbcool; 05-29-2008 at 09:23 AM.
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Banned
    In my opinion you guys are lucky for at least experiencing low gas prices. I got my license this year and I still take the bus to school and only drive on weekends pretty much because it is so high. Never going to get a chance to drive around just for fun because it costs so much.

Banned
    We're paying $1.29 / litre, which comes out to $4.88 / gallon. AND it's expected to rise to $1.50 / litre. Gas is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettC View Post
    In my opinion you guys are lucky for at least experiencing low gas prices. I got my license this year and I still take the bus to school and only drive on weekends pretty much because it is so high. Never going to get a chance to drive around just for fun because it costs so much.
    I feel your pain, but think about this and tell me it isn't F'd up.

I started driving in...1996? I think.

Gas about around $1 a gallon.

In 2003 (7 years later), it had started to spike badly, but I could still buy it where I lived in Kentucky for $1.30. It was $1.70 here in WV, though, but we're at the top end of the national spectrum due our ridiculous gas tax.

Now, 5 years later, it's over $4 here.

Something is very wrong. Those aren't gradual, economic increases..those are GOUGES.

I'm REALLY lucky to have positioned myself with my job 3 minutes away, a large grocery store 3 blocks away, my girlfriend 3 minutes away, and all my local food an entertainment within 5 minutes. I burn a 16 gallon tank about every 2 weeks. Still, I spend $60 to fill up a HYUNDAI. I'm thinking about riding my bike to work, but I'm not real keen on leaving there after dark and riding through some neighborhoods.

I'm definitely going hybrid next time. Hopefully, they'll have them better-priced and the bugs will be worked out by the time I'm ready to purchase one.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

I'm very lucky I was saddled with a car that was pretty good on gas. Pontiac grand am baby. Now it costs me $40-$45 to fill up. When I stated driving I remember it being $25 to fill up. Yes it has literally doubled and I started driving 5 years ago. I know $45 isn't $100 like hate's is but it still sucks that I and everyone else has to double there gas budget or just stay in more often.
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

You guys bitch about a little over 4.00 a gallon... and we have been paying 4-5.00 a gallon up in Alberta for over a year now. We are approacing 6.00 a gallon. What are yall gonna do when that happens?
    My sig scared getfit.

mmm... discipline
    last night I caught Bill O'Reilly yelling about how ridiculous oil prices are. And for once I actually agreed with him.

I also have a pretty economical car. Around $50 to fill up. Gets me roughly 420 miles per tank. Plus I don't have to drive that much.

Someone seriously needs to make a ****en pie chart up to show that all you people in other countrys need to stop bitching. Our gas has gone up exponentially compared to yours, so don't throw whats yours is now vs what ours is now because when I started driving gas was still under $2 a gallon and it was about 3.5-4 years ago. (didn't start driving till i was about 18).

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL View Post
    Someone seriously needs to make a ****en pie chart up to show that all you people in other countrys need to stop bitching.
    Ask and you shall recieve.

Not a pie chart but a good read, over a year old but you get the tax numbers.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12452503/

Netherlands $6.73 Tax $4.12 Thatís a 158 percent tax.
    France $5.80 Tax $3.65

etc...
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin