The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Need a blender

Need a blender

What Blender should I get? I have requirements!
    I want a blender from $20-$100, either a ****ty blender or good blender. It just needs to be quiet and compact because I'm going back to school and will have a roommate.
    I plan to be mixing, 2 cups orange juice. 2 scoops walmart whey. 2 tblspoons of Olive oil, and a cup of oats, at least 2 times a day.

$20-$100 blender.
    quiet.
    small.

Ideas and suggestions please!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I wannabebig!
    magic bullet

Banned
    Really? Buy a blender and your problem is solved. Your roommate will live.

I'm also looking for a blender that is relatively quiet, any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by ljs102; 08-10-2008 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuage View Post
    magic bullet
    I totally second that. I mostly don't believe in things sold on info commercials, but the Magic Bullet is truely great. I use mine everyday.

$50
    Great quality - I had mine for years and everything still looks and works great
    Small - you can make shakes and put the entire blender(the part that holds liquid) in a small backpack and go to the gym.

Go buy one at those Seen-It-On-TV stores in malls. They usually have them for sale.

yeah but the size of that thing is just about a quarter of a shake for me. I just went to Walmart and got a big ol' blender for $60. I usually go through a blender once a year. I use them 3-5 times daily so the bearings typically give out and they'll make more noise.

My sister swears by the magic bullet though so if your shakes are small enough that'd probably work but to be honest, when I was in undergrad I just told my roomate to shut up and go back to sleep. The thing was only on for like 15 seconds after all

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

I wannabebig!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    yeah but the size of that thing is just about a quarter of a shake for me. I just went to Walmart and got a big ol' blender for $60. I usually go through a blender once a year. I use them 3-5 times daily so the bearings typically give out and they'll make more noise.

My sister swears by the magic bullet though so if your shakes are small enough that'd probably work but to be honest, when I was in undergrad I just told my roomate to shut up and go back to sleep. The thing was only on for like 15 seconds after all
    there is an actual large blender attachment for it

I have a little blender stick. Best thing I've ever bought in my kitchen. I also bought a 32 oz cup. My shakes are heuuuge. It's a wonderful thing.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

Quote Originally Posted by ryuage View Post
    there is an actual large blender attachment for it
    LOL you're right! I forgot about that. If you make shakes of any consistency I still think it'd wear out quickly, but the OP doesn't sound like he makes very big shakes

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by WORLD View Post
    I have a little blender stick. Best thing I've ever bought in my kitchen. I also bought a 32 oz cup. My shakes are heuuuge. It's a wonderful thing.

Agreed, stick blenders rock! I've had several of them over the years. Easy to clean, small. You can blend a 5 gallon bucket if you want to. Perfect for a dorm room/small apartment. If you blend a lot of ice, and you have a cheap one, you'll kill it in a year or so. No ice, it'll last a lot longer. At any rate the cheapy one at walmart is like $7, get another one if you kill it.
    Last edited by manowar669; 08-14-2008 at 11:40 AM.
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

buy a chin up bar, sell the arm curl bar---Roddy

I use a Magic bullet.. I think I got mine for around $50 at Costco.
    Height: 5'11
    Starting Weight: 112
    5/15/08

Current Weight: 122 (+8)
    8/25/08
    Stage: Bulking

I heard the word OATS. Let me give you a word of advice brotha. DO NOT MIX THE OATS IN WITH THE SHAKE IN THE BLENDER. What I do is pour all the stuff into the blender besides the oats, and mix it up. I then put DRY oats in my cup, then I pour the blended shake over top of the dry oats. I then drink the shake, and eat the remaining oats with a spoon.

Oats will not mix with the rest of the stuff. They just get stuck to the sides of the blender, and you end up loosing half of them.

About what type of blender to get, just get the cheapest one you can find. It takes 5 seconds to blend the shake, unless you put fruit in there, then it takes maybe 20 seconds on the highest speed. Your roommate will live.

Definately don't put the oats in the blender though.