Thread: WORLD's Progress Pics

WORLD's Progress Pics

These are just some updated pics!

A tiny 168lbs, 5'8".

Please refrain from making comments on my extremely hardcore facial expressions.

I still don't think I pose that well, even though I've been practising for years. I don't ever plan on stepping on stage so I don't really care.

February of this year I was about 150lbs, so I think I'm doing pretty good with this bulk. I'm still staying pretty lean too.

Let me know what you think! All criticism is welcome.

Take care boys and girls,

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

A few more....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WORLD View Post
    I still don't think I pose that well, even though I've been practising for years. I don't ever plan on stepping on stage so I don't really care.
    Just curious, any reason why?

Rear lat looks great. Keep doing what you are doing.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by Reko View Post
    Just curious, any reason why?
    Any reason why I think I dont pose well or why I wouldn't want to compete?

As far as the posing goes, I've had no guidance really..I think posing well is an art.

And competing is something I'm just not interested in. I wouldn't mind continuing to increase my strength and getting involved in a powerlifting meet, though. I don't think I would have what it takes to compete in a bodybuiding competition.

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner
    Rear lat looks great. Keep doing what you are doing.
    Thanks bro!

You look great from the back! Back dbl bi and lat spread are both impressive. Your front seems to be lacking in comparison though.
    Last edited by Sidior; 08-17-2008 at 09:14 PM.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Banned
    I was referring to the competing. I thought it was kind of pointless when i start PL and SM, but realized it was a great tool to check progress and also to help with goal setting and dial in for meets (therefor really adding to the motivation to get stronger).

Might help for BB, I'm not sure. But for PL and SM, I would have to say competing definitely is something that has to be done. Just a thought though. Plus, nothing can really get you more fired up for getting stronger than watching a guy squatting 900-1000 pounds about 10 feet away from you.
    Last edited by Reko; 08-17-2008 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidior View Post
    You look great from the back! Back dbl bi and lat spread are both impressive. Your front seems to be lacking in comparison though.
    Thanks Dave. I completely agree that my front needs the most work. My pressing has always been lagging compared to my pulling. Maybe I can add more volume, and EAT MORE!

(This is the Dave that talks to Keith, right?)
    Last edited by WORLD; 08-17-2008 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reko View Post
    I was referring to the competing. I thought it was kind of pointless when i start PL and SM, but realized it was a great tool to check progress and also to help with goal setting and dial in for meets (therefor really adding to the motivation to get stronger).

Might help for BB, I'm not sure. But for PL and SM, I would have to say competing definitely is something that has to be done. Just a thought though. Plus, nothing can really get you more fired up for getting stronger than watching a guy squatting 900-1000 pounds about 10 feet away from you.
    I've watched meets and I was very interested. It's really motivating watching guys that you know were just like you lifting unreal amounts of weight.

I know that when I'm doing a program intended for strength gains, nothing makes me feel more alive than hitting a PR. You can literally go crazy for a few minutes!

Back is amazing!

Great shots World, this is just the beginning for you imo - keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ArjunDhir View Post
    Back is amazing!
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa
    Great shots World, this is just the beginning for you imo - keep it up.
    Thanks Cocoa, I have a long way to go

Thanks Dave. I completely agree that my front needs the most work. My pressing has always been lagging compared to my pulling. Maybe I can add more volume, and EAT MORE!

(This is the Dave that talks to Keith, right?)
    Haha ya, you got it. Focusing more on eating couldnt hurt. I know you and Keith like to stay leaner but don't be afraid to gain a bit of weight.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Why don't you throw your front relaxed up? That's the most impressive one. And yeah, eat more. You know that's what's holding you back.

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

Banned
    I agree. Also, that's a nasty sunburn

Haha ya, you got it. Focusing more on eating couldnt hurt. I know you and Keith like to stay leaner but don't be afraid to gain a bit of weight.
    This is all testing for me. These last, ooh lets say 10 weeks or so lol, I have kept my calories at 4,000-4,200. If my work wasn't so demanding physically I should have gained more, considering what I weigh. Since I have to accomodate the amount of physical labour in my day I'll have to increase my cals to around 5,000 and see how that works.

I think the best way to learn about your body is truly trial and error.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith
    Why don't you throw your front relaxed up? That's the most impressive one. And yeah, eat more. You know that's what's holding you back.
    I'm not sure which one you're talking about. Care to throw it up?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpikeyThing
    I agree. Also, that's a nasty sunburn
    Thanks Red! Funny thing about the burn....I spent the entire day outside with my shirt on Explain that one!

Looking great, bro. Awesome back shots as everyone already said. You've definitely come a long way since you started! Good luck with everything man.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

Thanks Jay I appreciate it. I've learned an unreal amount in a few years.

Nice small waist which enhances everything else. Adding more mass, you really could think about stepping on stage, IMO.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    Nice small waist which enhances everything else. Adding more mass, you really could think about stepping on stage, IMO.
    I agree with this. If you keep everything in check for the next couple years and really keep your diet and training dialed in, you could step on stage if you have the drive.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

I would tend to agree with the masses here bro. You've got potential. Use it if you like, it's a gift.

Crikey, its a 30 foot ape! Kong's Avatar
    Good progress mate! Keep it up and you'll be a beast.
    Current 1RM's - Bench 264lbs (Target 308lbs)/Squat 396lbs (Target 352lbs)/
    Deadlift 429lbs (Target 440lbs)
    BIG 3 TOTAL at 220lbs (28% BF) = 1089lbs
    6ft 2, 234lb fat, hairy ape!
    My journal - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...sion-of-an-ape

"This stuff will make you a sexual Tyrannosaurus. Just like me!" As said by the great Jesse 'The Body' Ventura

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    Thanks alot Bill. Now you have me re-thinking about competing one day.

Quote Originally Posted by jAy_Dub

I agree with this. If you keep everything in check for the next couple years and really keep your diet and training dialed in, you could step on stage if you have the drive.
    I think you need a huge commitment to training if you ever want to get somewhere competing. A lot of sacrifices would have to be made in order to fit in sufficient training and diet. I should talk to some people who have experience.

Anyone here?

Quote Originally Posted by BULK_BOY
    I would tend to agree with the masses here bro. You've got potential. Use it if you like, it's a gift.
    I appreciate that bro. My journey is far from over!

Quote Originally Posted by Kong
    Good progress mate! Keep it up and you'll be a beast.
    Thanks Kong!!

I think you need a huge commitment to training if you ever want to get somewhere competing. A lot of sacrifices would have to be made in order to fit in sufficient training and diet. I should talk to some people who have experience.

Anyone here?
    Go check out the professional muscle forums. They have a lot of pros on that board and tons of amateurs who compete. You can learn a ton from them. Like you said there would be many sacrifices, no partying, no eating out with the family, g/f, or friends. Depending how long you'd prep for (12-20 weeks) you'd be doing nothing but eating, sleeping, and training. Might as well forget about any kind of social life during that period of time. I'd love to do it someday but I'm not ready or prepared for that kind of commitment quite yet.