Thread: Buckling Down. Need Advice.

Buckling Down. Need Advice.

So after breaking two of my fingers I have decided to cut when I start truly lifting again. Before I broke them my stats were:

5'10'' 220lbs 475 DL, 315 ATG Squat @ 15-17 bf.

I think the best bet is to cut calories and since I have no idea where to begin I think I will just do 12-13 calories per lb of bodyweight while keeping everything clean and lots of protein. I want to cut down to 8%. I am bummed about some of the size loss but I have got to get rid of this fat.

I was thinking about starting this diet now (3 weeks left of healing) but was concerned about losing LBM with no form of resistance training. What should I do here? I have nothing to do so I was think I may as well get my diet going so when I start lifting again I can already be on track. Ideas?

Hows all this sound?
    Sarvamangalam!

Banned
    No resistance training at all?You figure if you can at least do some hard conditioning,or leg work, you can at least stay tight.Your protein should be really high on your cut,and be sure to take some glutamine.15 % is still pretty lean.How fat can you be?

I don't want the bf period.

I have been squatting with a belt and chain w/ 40# KB (thats all I have here). I can probably do isolating machine movements at the gym...ugh.. like back extension, leg curls, machine weighted situps. I will be able to push with my hands soon but no pulling for 3-4 more weeks.
    Sarvamangalam!

Nothing wrong with doing machines if you have no other option. Plus, the training stimulus will help promote healing. Just clean up your diet. Do you know what your daily maintenance cals are? If not, 13 cals per lb should be a good enough start to cut.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220