Thread: 6 months on BGB...I'm a fatty

6 months on BGB...I'm a fatty

I've always been your typical skinny white kid most of my life. I wrestled 135 all through high school. I guess you would consider me a very amatuer 'curl jockey' until my last year in college. I than fortunately found this site and started WBB 1 for a little over six months. I than took a break when I went into LEO academy. I lost quite a bit of that muscle gained in WBB 1. Idk why but it seems that i lose my muscle REAL fast if I stop working out.

Anyways, I started BGB about 6 months ago and here are my results. I was gaining muscle mass with very little fat gain but I had a couple weeks of vacation and than got busy with life and have feel behind a little. I'm hoping this might help me re-gain some motivation and keep working hard.

I'm asking for opinions on whether or not I should bulk or cut. I definitely have some fat to lose but I hate to start cutting with those pathetic legs. I really would like to get them beefed up more before I start cutting. What are everyone's opinions? All comments welcome, i take criticism fairly well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt."

5X5:
    Height - 5'10"
    Weight - 216lbs
    Full squats - 235lb
    Bench - 260lb
    Deadlift - 345lb

round 2
    Attached Images Attached Images

5X5:
    Height - 5'10"
    Weight - 216lbs
    Full squats - 235lb
    Bench - 260lb
    Deadlift - 345lb

if you are okay with your bf level now, then you can continue to gain mass. if not, cut down until you are satisfied, and then bulk, but do it slower if you want to stay leaner.

Reach down between your legs and find a pair of balls. That's what it takes to lift big weights. Genetics is the weak man's excuse for why he sucks at life. Don't be that guy - RhodeHouse

Any man under 200lbs is a woman - RhodeHouse

You've got quite a bit of fat on ya but you also have some nice muscle (able to see your shape).

Just from looking at your lifts, I would say continue cutting. In your position you could easily put weight on the bar and lose fat. If you were totaling 1700 or something maybe not but a 220 squat and 335 deadlift is low enough that you can simply make gains with technique work.

Thanks guys for the input
    BFGuitar- If I decide to start cutting would you recommend staying on BGB or switching routines. I noticed you were on rippetoes. What would you reccomend given my situation? Can provide more details if needed. thanks

5X5:
    Height - 5'10"
    Weight - 216lbs
    Full squats - 235lb
    Bench - 260lb
    Deadlift - 345lb

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    I would cut. If you did so you would look amazing. The first problem in bodybuilding is gaining muscle. The second is losing fat. You look like you accomplished the first goal very well. Now you have to start working on losing the fat. Do it smartly mind you so you don't lose all your muscle. But once you cut down to 12% or under you're going to look insane.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Quote Originally Posted by motoko013 View Post
    if you are okay with your bf level now, then you can continue to gain mass. if not, cut down until you are satisfied, and then bulk, but do it slower if you want to stay leaner.

That said, I'd cut if I were in your shoes.