The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Question for Vince Dizenzo

Hi vince i have been meaning to ask you this.#1 there is a excercise i saw somewhere on youtube of you showing how to do i think its called a reverse band pulldown with purple bands and the olympic bar and no weights on the bar.

My question is is this just for lats? when should this excercise be done after back or after chest like lets say a Me chest day, then do this excercise because it mimics the bench press, or after back day like lets say after heavy deadlifts.

Also is this a good overall lat excercise or is it mainly to help learn the shirt better im just asking cause i threw these in after back the other day and liked them and i wanted to understand better where they fit into your program also how many sets and reps do you do of those.Also do you always use purple bands or do you alternate.

Oh and i had one more question When i bench my wrist always seem to bend back causing me to struggle sometimes with the weights,i noticed your grip is different you dont grab the bar with your thumb around the bar you kinda bench off the palm of your hands and keep your thumbs running the same direction as the bar.

Does this help you to keep your wrist straight does it stop you from bending back your wrist?just wondering as i might try this thanx Vince and best of luck in your next competition
    Last edited by Erik 23; 08-22-2008 at 10:35 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

You can use them on ME or DE day. It's a great exercise that will work your lats and improve your bench technique at the same time. I usually do 4 sets of 10.

Regarding my grip. It's called a suicide grip, thumb under the bar not wrapped around it. It's the grip I have used since I was a kid. I tried to change it when I came back from my torn bicep surgery. I just could not get used to a regular grip. I really don't recommend it. Most guys will not either. If you are having problems with your wrists turning back I would suggest working your wrists with wrist curls, wrapping your wrists a little higher, and squeezing the bar tighter. Best of luck.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 08-22-2008 at 10:59 PM.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Thanx for the reply vince i am honored to get tips from great lifters such as yourself,i will keep These in my routine after probally de day as i wont be as spent that day.
    Do you do these every week? or just when you feel like doing them?oh and about the grip i might try it just for some lighter stuff as you seem to keep your wrist really straight and thats what i need to do but i will also try the tips about wrapping higher and curls and stuff, i havent done curls in months so i guess its about time to start back up Lol.Thanx again Vince and best of luck at your next contest.