The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is Obama heartless?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...alfbrothe.html

Most of you who partake in these political threads know my feelings about Obama, but I always thought he would be the first guy to step up and help someone less fortunate. Then I read this story yesterday and thought, this guy is surviving on $1 a month. A DOLLAR A MONTH. Obama couldn't send him $30 a month or something? My brother and I have gone in different paths and he is always asking me for money and I give it to him. I gave a cousin I never met in my life $1k because he needed it and he was family. Obama has a heck of a lot more money then I will ever have and he can't shell something out?

I know, i know if he took care of all his 1/2 siblings, I think there are like 7 or 8, we'd all say he is taking care of Muslims or funding terrorism. I don't know, but if someone that had my blood running through them was living at the poverty level this guy is, I'd at least do something about it. Isn't this what Obama is all about?
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Is this even true? It sounds like it's just backed up by this guy's word.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    yeah this sounds weird, id like to hear more about it, its could be an interesting development, but i feel it can be overblown into something more ridiculosu than it really is
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Banned
    With all due respect,people with money cant go around giving to every needy person.Its a rediculous concept.I dont know if thats a true story,but I can tell you that he has done incredible things in Chicago with the less fortunate.Its not fair for any of us to assume or critisize unless we know facts.And if this is some subliminally inspired anti-Obama post,its weak.

He's a man who he's rarely seen, almost like a stranger to him. He also has 9 other siblings in Africa whom he's never seen. I don't think he should be obligated to support his entire family because he's the one with the money. Anyway, if it were me I would send that guy a couple bucks a month, but that's just me.
    Height: 5'11
    Starting Weight: 112
    5/15/08

Current Weight: 122 (+8)
    8/25/08
    Stage: Bulking

Banned
    i dont believe it when he says that he ois only surviving off $1 a month

but yes i believe he is heartless, especially after he voted down the born alive protection act, where a nurse gave a speech in front of him when in council of how a downs syndrome baby survived an attempted abortion, but wasnt allowed any medical care, so they put it in a wash room to die, the nurse held it for 45 minutes until it passed away. Obama was unmoved by her testimony and stated that it would just complicate the decision of the abortion, if the born child was protected from being left to die if the abortion failed.
    That is probably the biggest reason i could never support a guy like that, it makes me sick to my bone that someone would be so heartless the way he was, definitely not a person I would want leading my country.

Banned
    I dont believe this article. The Post and the Daily News tend to be a rumor rag, and both papers are right wing (I should know, I AM a NYCer), and they come out with bull**** articles. It's a tabloid as mainstream media. Never have believed it. This is why I'm a reader of the NY Times, rather than these modern "Penny dreadfuls".

Quote Originally Posted by Dkalban View Post
    I dont believe this article. The Post and the Daily News tend to be a rumor rag, and both papers are right wing (I should know, I AM a NYCer), and they come out with bull**** articles. It's a tabloid as mainstream media. Never have believed it. This is why I'm a reader of the NY Times, rather than these modern "Penny dreadfuls".
    Actually, Italian Vanity Fair is who broke the story. Everyone else is just reporting on it.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Banned
    This thread will go nowhere.Somebody start one on religion.Then we can really debate..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Mike View Post
    This thread will go nowhere.Somebody start one on religion.Then we can really debate..
    only because liberals are idiots and conservatives are stubborn.

With all due respect,people with money cant go around giving to every needy person.Its a rediculous concept.I dont know if thats a true story,but I can tell you that he has done incredible things in Chicago with the less fortunate.Its not fair for any of us to assume or critisize unless we know facts.And if this is some subliminally inspired anti-Obama post,its weak.
    But this is what Obama is asking wealthy US citizens to do. And not just $50 a month or something. He wants to tax the US rich at % never seen in this country before. So its ok to take from US citizens, but not good for him to do the same? Dude is supposedly all for the less fortunate and by all reports his own blood is living in the lowest form of poverty and he can't kick out a few bucks.

And from what I have read in Chicago he was a street activist, basically they round people up to bring them in and vote for a specific things that his political party wants passed.

I agree lets wait for the whole story to come out, but man so far everything I have read sounds like this is true. I am not an Obama fan, so granted my posts do have a lot of bias.

Actually, I think this is a decent question. Someone like Obama who claims to be for change and helping out the less fortunate, but when it comes down to it do you think not kicking out a couple of bucks when you are a multi-millionaire is a sign of someone that truly is for the less fortunate, especially when they are family, no matter how distant.

With all due respect,people with money cant go around giving to every needy person.

sure they can just elect a democratic president that will continue to let the poor and less fortunate people of this land of oppurtunity collect a check for sitting on their ass and searching for a way to take advantage of medicare (via pharmacies) disability and other programs funded by you guessed it the people with money.
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    But this is what Obama is asking wealthy US citizens to do. And not just $50 a month or something. He wants to tax the US rich at % never seen in this country before. So its ok to take from US citizens, but not good for him to do the same? Dude is supposedly all for the less fortunate and by all reports his own blood is living in the lowest form of poverty and he can't kick out a few bucks.

And from what I have read in Chicago he was a street activist, basically they round people up to bring them in and vote for a specific things that his political party wants passed.

I agree lets wait for the whole story to come out, but man so far everything I have read sounds like this is true. I am not an Obama fan, so granted my posts do have a lot of bias.
    Exactly.Your bias,so it has a bit of venom behind it.I myself am affiliated with no party.I loved Reagan,hated Bush sr,loved Clinton(not foreign poilcies),Voted for Bush twice,used to like Mccain,now I support Barrack.If it were my way I would have Joe Biden in there.
    Last edited by Tennessee Mike; 08-22-2008 at 01:54 PM.

Exactly.Your bias,so it has a bit of venom behind it.I myself am affiliated with no party.I loved Reagan,hated Bush sr,loved Clinton(not foreign poilcies),Voted for Bush twice,used to like Mccain,now I support Barrack.If it were my way I would have Joe Biden in there.
    Not registered party voter either. I just smell something fishy with Obama. McCain isn't receiving my vote either, I think he doesn't have the temperment to be president. I'll be interested to see if Biden gets the VP nod I liked him in the debates - he at least was funny.
    Last edited by BilltheButcher; 08-22-2008 at 02:00 PM.

Wannabebig New Member
    I lived in chicago bro , moved away because of the extremely liberal policies in effect .

I just visited last month and I wasnt even allowed to purchase ammo to go target shooting with family members .

I asked to see a handgun I might want to purchase at the gunshop, they told me it's against the law for a gun shop to let me handle a firearm and look at it in that state .

Look at Obamas tax plan , some people could pay up to 58% of their income in taxes under Obama . Between his increase in income tax , FICA , state and local income taxes you may pay that much .

If you are such a fool to let the government decide how much they want you to pay them for their wisdom , do it without me .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post

"This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time."
    -Tyler Durden

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawl View Post
    I lived in chicago bro , moved away because of the extremely liberal policies in effect .

I just visited last month and I wasnt even allowed to purchase ammo to go target shooting with family members .

I asked to see a handgun I might want to purchase at the gunshop, they told me it's against the law for a gun shop to let me handle a firearm and look at it in that state .

Look at Obamas tax plan , some people could pay up to 58% of their income in taxes under Obama . Between his increase in income tax , FICA , state and local income taxes you may pay that much .

If you are such a fool to let the government decide how much they want you to pay them for their wisdom , do it without me .
    Who's talking about guns?We're talking about character.And you dont know me well enough to call me a fool.Thats for the wife to say.
    Last edited by Tennessee Mike; 08-22-2008 at 03:15 PM.

Wannabebig New Member
    His character has EVERYTHING to do with his trying to outlaw handguns . He and typical liberals target law abiding citizens with their gun grab ideas . They dont do criminal control , they do law abiding citizen control , because they have no real ideas .

Obamas income tax plan might not even effect me much but that doesnt make it a fair policy . It will make some people pay as much as 58 % in income taxes . That is crazy .

Now his other taxes will affect me and thats where I dont go . He's says you'll get a middle class tax cut yet his other taxes that are coming will offset that by too much .

I vote down EVERY single tax increase in my area and I dont care what it's for . It is past time for us to keep paying and it's time for the government to step up .

Obama seems like a cool guy and says he's for change , but the change I'm looking for isnt more taxes , my guns being gone and paying more at the pump because the democrats plan is hope .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

Banned
    His character has EVERYTHING to do with his trying to outlaw handguns . He and typical liberals target law abiding citizens with their gun grab ideas . They dont do criminal control , they do law abiding citizen control , because they have no real ideas .

Obamas income tax plan might not even effect me much but that doesnt make it a fair policy . It will make some people pay as much as 58 % in income taxes . That is crazy .

Now his other taxes will affect me and thats where I dont go . He's says you'll get a middle class tax cut yet his other taxes that are coming will offset that by too much .

I vote down EVERY single tax increase in my area and I dont care what it's for . It is past time for us to keep paying and it's time for the government to step up .

Obama seems like a cool guy and says he's for change , but the change I'm looking for isnt more taxes , my guns being gone and paying more at the pump because the democrats plan is hope .
    What about those who dont own handguns?What about the fact that its such a small percentage of US citizens that it wont mean a damn thing come election time?Just like Abortion,gay marriage,border control,etc.These are subjects that will NEVER make a difference in an election.Yet people will base their entire decision on them.Why?So you can sleep at night?Why not vote for someone who in a whole will make your childrens future better?Not for the selfish reasons of someones hobby,or sexual orientation.If youve been alive long enough,then you know the chain reaction of events that lead to a "good" president.It has never been about small issues like guns.Its about economy,schools,healthcare.And Obamas stances on all 3 are superior to Mccains.Just because you feel your "rights" are being taken,remember that your "rights" are a privelege.You wanna protect yourself....learn self defense.
    Last edited by Tennessee Mike; 08-22-2008 at 05:48 PM.

Wannabebig New Member
    Economy - So he will tax us into prosperity ? Raising taxes on corporations and small businesses wil help them invest in expanding ?

Schools - You mean just like the democratic party pretty much being the NEA and setting the course of education for the last 40 years ? Our education system is in shambles headed by the NEA who solely supports the democratic party and they support them in return .

Health care ? A national health care system is NOT what we need .

So our constitutional rights arent a big deal ? Thats cool bro . Thats why you vote for liberals .

Banned
    Economy - So he will tax us into prosperity ? Raising taxes on corporations and small businesses wil help them invest in expanding ?

Schools - You mean just like the democratic party pretty much being the NEA and setting the course of education for the last 40 years ? Our education system is in shambles headed by the NEA who solely supports the democratic party and they support them in return .

Health care ? A national health care system is NOT what we need .

So our constitutional rights arent a big deal ? Thats cool bro . Thats why you vote for liberals .
    Health care should be a choice.Thats a given.If I dont wanna wear a seatbelt,I dont.Or a helmet.Its against the law,but no one is charging me money if I dont.

Economy wise,you have no idea what he's gonna do.Your making projections before he's voted in.As far as constitutional rights go,I dont remember seeing a "everyone is allowed to walk around with a gun" rule.Someone walked into a church in my town about 3 weeks ago and opened fire on people while a childrens play was going on.He purchased the gun and ammo the week before.Killed 2 innocent people and injured a bunch others.So how are we to seperate the people trying to protect themselves from the nut jobs with no prior history of mental problems?I dont want anyone to be able to buy guns in this country.Thats how mass shootings occur.

As far as me voting for liberals,you didnt read my first post.Im predominately Republican.I dont believe anything goes.Im certainly not religous.But in this election,I dont give a damn how long Mccain was in captivity.He's out of touch,and his policies suck.Lets be honest,he has no shot at winning this election.He blew it when he said"We may be in Iraq for the next 100 yrs".
    Last edited by Tennessee Mike; 08-23-2008 at 10:15 AM.

Health care should be a choice.Thats a given.If I dont wanna wear a seatbelt,I dont.Or a helmet.Its against the law,but no one is charging me money if I dont.

Economy wise,you have no idea what he's gonna do.Your making projections before he's voted in.As far as constitutional rights go,I dont remember seeing a "everyone is allowed to walk around with a gun" rule.Someone walked into a church in my town about 3 weeks ago and opened fire on people while a childrens play was going on.He purchaesed the gun and ammo the week before.Killed 2 innocent people and injured a bunch others.So how are we to seperate the people trying to protect themselves from the nut jobs with no prior history of mental problems?I dont want anyone to be able to buy guns in this country.Thats how mass shootings occur.

As far as me voting for liberals,you didnt read my first post.Im predominately Republican.I dont believe anything goes.Im certainly not religous.But in this election,I dont give a damn how long Mccain was in captivity.He's out of touch,and his policies suck.Lets be honest,he has no shot at winning this election.He blew it when he said"We may be in Iraq for the next 100 yrs".
    He did say we may be in Iraq for the next 100 yrs, but lets put it in the proper context. We are still in Germany, Japan, South Korea, NATO, etc. For the past 50+ yrs and granted it may be time to shut it down and save some $$$, but that is what McCain meant. But props for Obama campaign for bumper stickering it, it was a bone head quote.

To be honest, Paris Hilton had the best energy policy. Drill with stringent environmental standards and funnel money into Detroit for new technology and tax credits for clean energy. McCain has been the only candidate to say he has a Man on the Moon type program for an energy solution. I like that idea very much. I like Obama's passion to get new energy source and I think he is the man to put it in motion, but he also wants to sacrifice the country's well being in the now and that scares me. You can see he is always pandering to the environmental kook fringe.

As for gun control. Just watch First 48 on A&E. I don't think there has ever been a registered gun that was used in a murder, they are always illegal. Point being criminals and killers don't actually live by the rules. I think everyone should be allowed to walk around with guns on their hips just like in the wild west.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    I'm starting to think that this thread is also proving the converse of this idea. And as a liberal who actually took a class in American Government this election year, and someone who actively tries to keep himself educated on the facts/issues, I find that sentence to be insulting. Before you begin throwing stereotypes around, think how that reflects upon you for saying it.

Banned
    To Brawl: