Thread: Need Advice really bad, avid weight lifters and nutrition people read

Wannabebig New Member

Need Advice really bad, avid weight lifters and nutrition people read

Ok here is my backround...

I am 19 years old, back in Sept of 2000, I was 5'10" and 220-225 pounds, yes I was a fat kid... I started running a lot and doing a lot of cardio workouts and eating a lot better...

September of 2001 I weighed about 175 pounds and I started to lift weights, high reps and low weight to tone...this worked pretty well...

March 2002...I now weigh 160-163 pounds...and i am pretty tone, although I have all this extra skin now, so even though I am pretty cut/tone whatever, it looks like I have this flab. I am currently taking Hydroxy Cut to cut myself up, and it is working a little bit I think, I am seeing results and stuff...now to my questions...

All the extra skin sits right down on my lower abs and lower back section, although I do have a nice 6 pack, i have that annoying extra skin, also in my pecks and sides and everywhere else...anyway...i was thinking of taking a supplement to maybe fill out a little bit so that I will look more cut with more muscle...

Would this be the right way to go...does anyone have any insight into this on how my skin could shrink and I could fill out. I do not want to gain that much weight, (5-10-15 pounds at the most), what supplements are good. how should I take them, what type of work out should I be doing (higher weight, low reps...or i dont know)

Please anyone with any advice would be of great assistance...I look good except for this annoying skin thing...What can I do????

The only thing I can think of is to put on some muscle mass. I don't know of anything that will make your skin shrink. Give us some more info, post your current routine in the Training section. Also post your current diet in the Diet and Nutrition section, then maybe we could give you some more insight
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Wannabebig New Member
    Current Routine:

Back and Legs
    Chest and Tri's and Abs
    Shoulders and Bi's
    Cardio Workout and Abs
    Day off, or a light workout of whatever I feel like
    Day off
    Cardio Workout and Abs

What I eat basically every day:
    Breakfast (never up in time for, I am a college student)

Lunch: Chicken Sandwich, cup of yogurt, mashed potatos, apple, water
    or
    Chicken Sandwich, Hamburger and Water

Dinner: Some type of sandwich and a side order of something, it varies depending on what the dining hall has...sometimes if I get done with class too late, the only place that is open is the pizza place, where I get 2 slices of pizza...

I do not drink soda, maybe one can every 2-3 weeks, i rarely eat any type of junk food...but I am a carbohydrate addict. I love pasta, french fries, mashed potatoes, bagels, bread, all that stuff...

Continuously Dangerously
    hi.. i was/am basically in the same boat as you. before i started i was close to 200lbs and just flab.. not pretty. im now down to 165 and have a pretty respectable body fat level but i too have that 'loose skin' right around the belly button.

its not super bad and doesnt look terrible, but yes it is annoying.. i think we both want that ultra tight onion skin look but this is holding us back.

one thing i found that helped was tanning. i cant explain the logic behind it but i found that after i had a good tan going, my skin was a little more tight and not as loose.

the other thing was decrease the water below your skin.. not something that you can really maintain all the time but it helps temporarily.

i think the most important thing here is time. i know i spent ~20 years as a fat bitch so i dont know that its realistic to expect my skin to spring back w/in months.

Your skin is more elastic at your age that someone in their 30s, 40s, etc but you're actually at the age where your body is starting to go downhill believe it or not. Burn surgeons and plastic surgeons recognize that the body's regenerative abilities begin diminishing as early as the late teens. If your skin has not taken up the extra slack by now, it probably isn't going to do so. Putting extra weight on could fill up the slack. Problem is, you probably would not be able to put on enough muscle mass in the midsection to do it. Unfortunately you would have to gain fat to fill it out completely. I know that's not what you're looking to do. If there is a LOT of skin there the only way I know of to get rid of it would be through plastic surgery. Carnie Wilson from Wilson Phillips lost well over 100 pounds and had a severe problem with this. There was a TV program that interviewed her during her post-weight loss days. She had plastic surgery to remove the redundant skin. I doubt you have the amount of excess skin she did, but I would imagine it's still bothersome. HTH