Thread: Thinking about a quick diet

Wannabebig Member

Thinking about a quick diet

Im 22years old 6'4 233 pounds and been staying there pretty consistently for the last few months, Ive dropped from 245 just by cutting off soda, desert after each meal and all that. Biggest reason why I want to drop is by bodyfat from what my scale says is 27% which is nuts, im thinking its more closer to 20% but still would like to drop that. Ive been on a bulking routine for the last few months and Im getting decent strengths results, people in the gym say I have gotten huge from when I started a few months ago but in my eyes im never big enough. Ill get pictures up today and start a journal ive been procrastinating on that. Anyone my unle needs to drop like 15lbs and was talking about doing atkins for a couple weeks. Im trying to lose about 1-1.5 more off my gut and Ill be right where I want to be so I figure if I can get down to about 225-215 id be pretty good. Ive been reading into atkins diet last night and it doesnt seem all too safe but seems to have decent results. Of course I would continue my multivitamins and my protein shakes to help offset the mineral and vitman difficentcies you can get while on atkins. Im not looking to go on a full cut routine at all yet, id rather put on the size and the muscle and than worrry about cutting, im just looking to drop like 10-15lbs in a few weeks, any tips??

Perhaps you should give TNT diet a try?

LINK
    "This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time."
    -Tyler Durden

I "was" getting tired... 40 Nunc's Avatar
    Your home scale doesn't measure bodyfat, its a BMI (Body Mass Index) measurement and youre defininatly not at 27% BF. I'm 5'11" and when I weighed 211 lbs my scale said 28% but my actual BF measurement (calipers) was 19%... You're 5 inches taller than me +20 lbs so I'd guess you're probably about 18 or 19% BF.

Do a search about HIIT (High intensity interval training). Add it to your routine and lower your calories you should see pretty quick results.

Banned
    There are scales that (try to) calculate body fat% by running a weak current through your body. I got skin folded at 16-17% and stepped on one of those shortly after and got registered at 29% fat. Don't put too much stock in that number, try to get a more reliable test done if you want to know. Skinfodls are good, cheap and easy, not to mention fairly accurate (within 3% I think). The water weighing ones would be ideal but those are probably a little more expensive and time consuming.

I think if you are looking at cutting/bulking/whatev, a mirror will do you better than any of those options.

Wannabebig Member
    I have been playing around with HITT the last week, mostly I have been riding about 10miles on my bike about 2 times a week, a 25mi ride on weekends and then I do hill climb walks on the treadmill at the gym for 20-30minutes. I know I really need to stick to my cardio its just so boring and a pain in the butt to burn 10000calories on a treadmil. Now spinning classes Im starting to enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
    I have been playing around with HITT the last week, mostly I have been riding about 10miles on my bike about 2 times a week, a 25mi ride on weekends and then I do hill climb walks on the treadmill at the gym for 20-30minutes. I know I really need to stick to my cardio its just so boring and a pain in the butt to burn 10000calories on a treadmil. Now spinning classes Im starting to enjoy
    "playing around" with anything won't get you there.

Regular cardio training like you are doing might get you there...and it if does it will be really slowly...if at all.

You need to up the intensity.

Do intervals on your bike. 30 to 45 seconds, all out (100% effort), rest for about 30 seconds, repeat about 10 times.
    Do that twice a week.

Good idea:
    watch your diet

Better idea:
    Lift weights.

Best idea:
    Lift weights, watch your diet and do intervals.
    "This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time."
    -Tyler Durden

Best idea:
    Lift weights, watch your diet and do intervals.[/QUOTE]

Dido on the above. Add the cardio and then for the eating part I would try to eat every 2-3 hours, with a veggie and a protein at each meal then time your carb intake to whatever is appropriate for you. I don't tolerate carbs well so I only get them after I work out and even then its just whole grain ones. Once I started doing that I saw big changes.