Thread: Please help with my diet plan.

Hybrid View

Please help with my diet plan.

Hi guys, I was hoping to get some constructive advice/criticism on this diet I've put together for myself. Goals were to have low cost and ease of use.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Weekdays and Sundays:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    6am - Yogurt + Bagel + Fish Oil
    9am - Apple
    11am - Yogurt + Can of Chicken
    2pm - Apple + Bagel
    Usually workout from 3pm to 4pm, give or take 10 minutes.
    4pm - Can of Chicken + 12oz Milk
    5 or 6pm = Dinner (w/e mother cooks) + Multi Vitamin + Fish Oil
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Saturdays:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    6am - Yogurt + Bagel + Fish Oil
    Workout 7am to 8am
    9am - Can of Chicken + 12oz Milk
    11am - Yogurt + Can of Chicken
    2pm - Apple + Bagel
    4pm - Apple
    5 or 6pm = Dinner (w/e mother cooks) + Multi Vitamin + Fish Oil
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so it might not be the best, but that's why I'm asking for help. When I say Yogurt, that's 1 original yoplait serving cup or whatever, varying in flavor.. two of those a day. Cans of chicken are the same size as a can of tuna, not the super big ones. Bagels are multi-grain with 8 protein and 42 carbs each. Not sure yet what type of apples, but they seem to be the one kind of fruit I'll be able to get year-round. I don't have a fish oil yet, but have a wal-mart brand multi-vitamin that's supposed to be the same as "Men's One-a-Day" pills. Do you think brand matters? Thinking that I could use a supplement to add to this diet, but not sure where to add it in my schedule, if I should go with pre workout, durring workout, or post workout.

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer

Trying not to die young.

I "was" getting tired... 40 Nunc's Avatar
    Are you trying to gain weight, lose weight or maintain?

Would like to gain weight because I hear that will help with my low bench score.

Trying not to die young.

You need way more protein. Looks like you're alright for carbs but to grow (and ultimately get stronger) you need protein. I'd recommend getting some Nitrean here.

http://atlargenutrition.com/nutritio...?products_id=1

Shoot for 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

It's AN apple a day, not apples a day.

Replace one of those apples with a Double Quarter Pounder, Fries and a Shake.

jAy_Dub - I will look into this protein, I've been thinking about it but I don't have a ton of money at the moment. In a month or two I'll be in a better position to buy some supplements.

ehubbard - I would like to do that, but don't have a lot of money, apples are relatively inexpensive. I'll see about eating double cheese burgers or something, since they're only .99 but even that will add up after a while.

The diet listed above is about $50/55 per week in food, which seems like a lot to me, but maybe it's not?

Also had a question about 100% whey protein... I found some out in the shed that expired in march... how bad is it after it expires? I had some tonight after my workout and it was clumpy but other than that seemed the same... maybe its potency goes down after expiration?

Thanks for all the advice guys I will find a way to make these things work if that's what I need to do to get big.

Edit:
    Just took a look at Nitrean + Opticen... seems like that combo is commonly recommended, Nitrean before and Opticen afterwards right? Also added a couple fish oils to the cart. Total is like 152.xx or so. I don't think I'll be able to swing it next Friday (payday) so it may have to wait until Sept 19th... unless of course I can sell my system (2 subs box & amp) between now and then Just gotta get some real offers on craigslist instead of the trashy scams that are infesting it.

As for the diet itself I'm going to try and find ways to pump it up, maybe go out at lunch and get a dbl cheese burger or something.
    Last edited by McLaughlin; 08-28-2008 at 06:17 PM.

Trying not to die young.

Mc,

Drink 500mls of whole milk 4 times throughout the day. And have the last one just before bed. You are consuming very little protein at the minute.

Buy a few kilos of ground beef and make your own burger patties.

Make your own protein shakes for mornings and pre workout.

Try,
    1 banana
    250g Cottage cheese
    1/2 cup oats
    250-500 mls whole milk
    1tbs skippy

These are just a few cost effective ideas. remember to get at least 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight. For you thats at least 170gs ......obviously
    Last edited by Bendthe Bar; 08-29-2008 at 05:01 AM.
    The average is the borderline that keeps mere men in their place. Those who step over the line are heroes by the very
    act. Go. - H. Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by Bendthe Bar View Post
    Mc,

Drink 500mls of whole milk 4 times throughout the day. And have the last one just before bed. You are consuming very little protein at the minute.

Buy a few kilos of ground beef and make your own burger patties.

Make your own protein shakes for mornings and pre workout.

Try,
    1 banana
    250g Cottage cheese
    1/2 cup oats
    250-500 mls whole milk
    1tbs skippy

These are just a few cost effective ideas. remember to get at least 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight. For you thats at least 170gs ......obviously
    Thank you for the advices. I will look into the costs of whole milk and see about getting some regularly. Also I've taken to mixing evaporated milk with regular milk to add protein and calories... not sure if anyone else has done this, but I think it's a good idea.

I'll also look into getting some ground beef. I've been talking with my mother about it and she doesn't really like the idea, but if I was paying for it she shouldn't care.

I'll work on making shakes more, I've made two in the past, usually with Milk + Plain Yogurt + PB + Banana. I really like oats, but not cottage cheese so much... I never really thought of how much protein I'm taking in, I'll work on getting more into the diet.

Thanks again for the advice.

Trying not to die young.