Thread: 1 Gallon of milk a day for strength and weight gain?

Threaded View

Wannabebig Member

1 Gallon of milk a day for strength and weight gain?

Alright, i'm trying to gain weight to get bigger, but i really just want to focus on my arms and chest getting bigger. I know in order to do that, i need gain weight in general and it happens naturally. Although, any tips on good bicep/tricep workout routines to help me out?

Now, i've been doing A LOT of research on everything about nutrition and found something interesting. This guy Mark Ripo--- wrote a book about Milk and how it gets you stronger and makes you gain weight quickly. You need to consume a gallon a day! He gained 28lbs in one month and increased his squat drastically. Others have increased their size as well. (This isn't a myth) I'm just very concerned about all the saturated fat in whole milk...Although...Is it really that bad for you?

From what i have gathered and understand drinking a gallon of whole milk a day on top of your regular diet makes perfect sense to me, if you are using a strength building program, because milk is the a perfect balance of macro nutrients for muscle building.

The protein you get from milk is Whey (fast digesting, easily utilized) and CASEIN (slow digesting, is absorbed throughout the day)

The fat serves its purpose as a micro-nutrient delivery system (one of the main functions of lipids is to deliver vitamins/minerals to body systems) and fat also regulates "growing" hormones (i.e. testosterone, IGF-1). Males generally need 30% of their caloric intake to be from fat to have optimal hormone levels, right? The carbs from milk are mostly disachirides(sp?). Which are "complex, simple sugars"...if that makes sense. It's a simple carb that is more complex than straight glucose. Perfect for pre/post workout deliver of protein.Only thing missing are the micro-nutrients, training and recovery.

I've read that it's not possible to gain 2-4lbs of MUSCLE in a month. The human body just can't produce it. What is possible is to gain approximately 2-6lbs of lean body mass...

"Muscle" weight is the weight of...well, the muscle, lol. But a muscle holds water. It also holds glycogen. So LBM = muscle + water + glycogen. (Plus whatever small gains in bone/join density you gained)

With all this said, not enough is really PROVEN to me that the saturated fat in MILK is bad...Still, me being paranoid, i feel as though i shouldn't do it...So, what i intend on doing is using Whole milk instead of the fat free i'm currently using. I'll have it with my cereal, oatmeal, and protein replacements. This will give me more calories and protein throughout the day and i would think some noticeable gains...

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Z 2 8; 08-28-2008 at 08:54 PM.