Thread: Fasting and weight gain

Wannabebig New Member

Fasting and weight gain

Hey folks! New to the forum and new to weight training as well. I was hoping you all could maybe offer some advice.

I am fairly slim and lately I have been working on gaining weight and this obviously means that I have to put in a significant amount of calories a day. Starting next week I will have to start fasting from sunrise to sunset for religious purposes. I do not want all my work to gain weight to get tossed down the drain. So I was hoping maybe some of the experts on the forum could offer some advice as to how I can continue on my path to gain weight.

The only thing I can think of is to just binge eat after I break fast at sunset in order to get my calorie intake up to par with how much I should be putting in. Also if anyone knows of a more efficient way to put in calories. Because if I just eat regular food from sunset until I go to sleep I probably won't have enough time to put in as many calories as I need.

Set an alarm and have a calorie dense shake waiting in the refrigerator. Pound it down and then go back to sleep.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Wannabebig Member
    Peanut butter, and fast food (Hamburgers, fried chicken/fish), and milk. Those + eggs are relatively easy to get, and have high calorie-to-stomach size ratios.

I wannabebig!
    unless you live somewhere in the upper latitudes you'll have AT LEAST 8 hours of non day light to cram calories. I routinely fit 2000+ calories within 3 hours with room to spare.

Banned
    You can easily put 2000 calories in a cup. That should help

I "was" getting tired... 40 Nunc's Avatar
    How long will this continue? Days, weeks, months? You can pick up some fairly inexpensive weight gainer at a local vitamin store. Most weight gainers you'll drink 2 servings per day and are 2000 to 3000 calories. Good luck!

Wannabebig New Member
    Thank you very much for the recommendations so far folks. This will only be going on for a month.

Any particular protein shakes/powders anyone can recommend that won't make me want to vomit? Haha. I have heard the standard GNC stuff isn't that great because the majority of it is just sugar.

r u a muslim? My buddy has the same problem.. but yea try an eat during the night.

good luck! (try ALN for weight gaining stuff there great)
    Last edited by powerboy93; 08-30-2008 at 08:52 PM.
    Lifting is my life

I am 15
    @ 155 lbs

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by k20z3kid View Post
    Any particular protein shakes/powders anyone can recommend that won't make me want to vomit? Haha. I have heard the standard GNC stuff isn't that great because the majority of it is just sugar.
    The ALN products (sponsor of his site) are great and Optimum Nutrition, available at GNC, is also good.

Wannabebig New Member
    Yeah I sure am Muslim! So I purchased some of that Optimum Nutrition stuff from GNC. Now I have a verrry small body frame/body type. This stuff apparently has 55g of protein per serving. I have heard that its a bad idea to consume too much protein and that the rule of thumb is about 1gram per every pound of body weight. With this stuff if I were to drink 2 servings I would already be close to matching my body weight (yeah im really small haha) and thats not including the other protein rich meals I would eat in a day. So I am not exactly sure how to approach taking this stuff.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by k20z3kid View Post
    Yeah I sure am Muslim! So I purchased some of that Optimum Nutrition stuff from GNC. Now I have a verrry small body frame/body type. This stuff apparently has 55g of protein per serving. I have heard that its a bad idea to consume too much protein and that the rule of thumb is about 1gram per every pound of body weight. With this stuff if I were to drink 2 servings I would already be close to matching my body weight (yeah im really small haha) and thats not including the other protein rich meals I would eat in a day. So I am not exactly sure how to approach taking this stuff.
    you need at least 1 g / lb of bodyweight, more is better. Your body does not "waste" any "extra" protein you consume.