Thread: Re: Militaries and Overhead DB Press

Hybrid View

Wannabebig New Member

Re: Militaries and Overhead DB Press

I was looking at WBB Routine 1 and see that for delts it is suggested: Rack Militaries and Overhead DB Press. Why do both? They seem to serve the same purpose.

Also what about Behind The Neck Press? I heard that this wrecks your shoulders.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    it can cause problems for some people's shoulders, try em out first, see if they feel off kilter. and i'm not sure why both are listen in wbb 1

They both are listed because pressing movements are great exercises for your shoulders.

dumbbells involve stabilizer muscles which is why it seems they were incorporated to supplement barbell military press, where a little compensation can take place.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    just seems odd, why not just do extra militaries

Extremely Disturbed
    DB overhead press exploits more weakness in the helper muscles. When one arm gives out, you KNOW it.

ps. I'd replace rack militaries with standing barbell militaries just for the cleans
    H