Thread: Help!

Wannabebig Member

Help!

I took the summer off of working out between high school and college because I was working 60 hours a week. In high school I could bench 255 and I hit 185 15 times. Now I cant hit 185 4 times. I have worked out harder than I did in high school for the past 3 weeks and still cant get back into it. This isnt the first time I have taken a summer off and it has never taken me this long to get back into it. Anybody have this happen to them or can help?
    age 18 hieght 5'7 wieght 150
    bench 235
    squat 350
    deadlift 225 (x5)

www.jimmachak.com

diet/rest

There are a ton of reasons why this may be so. For one you have to look at your diet and if you are getting enough rest in between workouts. Are you overtraining? What is your workout split? Are you using proper form... maybe your form has improved and thus you are struggling with the heavier weight??? What about your other training sessions...how are they compared to when you trained last????

Wannabebig Member
    Well it seems to only be happening to my bench. As far as form I have been benching for a while so I am pretty sure I have that down plus I use a spotter now and i usually dont. I get more rest than your average college student, my meals are actually more balanced becuase i eat in the cafeteria instead of cheeseburgers. Thats the only thing i can think of I still get protien from shakes but I dont eat as much red meat. I also got back on creatine.
    age 18 hieght 5'7 wieght 150
    bench 235
    squat 350
    deadlift 225 (x5)

You took time off from lifting. Of course you're going to be weaker. Do what you did the first time and work your way back up.

The older you get, the harder and longer it becomes.
    Give chalk a chance.

49 years old

665 squat
    700 deadlift
    325 bench