Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Coolest thing about competing in Olympia

  1. #1
    Super Moderator vdizenzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,376

    Coolest thing about competing in Olympia

    they have an In-N-Out Burger in Vegas. I'm so glad I am competing in the Superfats. I hear it is a stacked field, but I am ready. Let's get it on.


    Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

    My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

    "The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

  2. #2
    Westside Bencher Travis Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Westside Barbell, OH
    Posts
    8,920
    Show em' how its done Vin!


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

  3. #3
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,677
    Lol, awesome! They have those in Phoenix as well where I will be headed for my 20 year high school reunion!


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  4. #4
    lockupgym.com waynedang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    493
    In-N-out Burger is the best!!!!!! I eat there a few times every time we go to Vegas!
    pain is inevitable suffering is optional

    www.ryanopower.com

    http://www.prowriststraps.com

  5. #5
    Super Moderator vdizenzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,376
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Lol, awesome! They have those in Phoenix as well where I will be headed for my 20 year high school reunion!
    My twenty year reunion was last summer. Damn I'm old.


    Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

    My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

    "The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

  6. #6
    My own personal trainer dumbbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    481
    Double-doubles coming up!!!
    Jason

    It is currently a fad, at this writing, for boys to think they need a "six pack", although most of them don't have an ice chest to put it in.
    -Mark Rippetoe

  7. #7
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,677
    Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    My twenty year reunion was last summer. Damn I'm old.
    Lol, that makes two of us!


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  8. #8
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12
    does anyone else in this thread love animal style fries? Every time I go to San Jose I get two cuz I miss being able to do it with more regularity when I lived in LA

  9. #9
    THE FRIDGE! thewicked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    880
    lmao@superfats...


    i love in-n-out... 8x8 baby!
    Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

    90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!

  10. #10
    Senior Member bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    va
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Lol, awesome! They have those in Phoenix as well where I will be headed for my 20 year high school reunion!
    So that's the real motivation to get all cut up.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

  11. #11
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,677
    Quote Originally Posted by bill View Post
    So that's the real motivation to get all cut up.
    You know, not really, but it has made me hold off plans to fatten up a bit...


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    73
    I'm curious whether or not being a superheavyweight significantly impacts one's daily life? I'm 6'1'' and realistically if I ever want to be decent at powerlifting I'm gonna have to bulk up to 275+.

    I've seen videos where guys like Jim Wendler or Dave Tate joke about not being able to tie their shoes or wipe their ass. Is this true? I can only imagine being a superheavyweight powerlifter must be even tougher.

  13. #13
    SOS 242 lifter Sean Hatley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    KCMO
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    they have an In-N-Out Burger in Vegas. .
    In-N-Out Burgers are the best, but always packed
    Member of Society of Strength (Best Gym In Kansas City)
    We Cant Stop Here. This is Bat Country.
    Introduce a little Anarchy. Upset the established order. Then everything becomes Chaos.

  14. #14
    Super Moderator vdizenzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangers View Post
    I'm curious whether or not being a superheavyweight significantly impacts one's daily life? I'm 6'1'' and realistically if I ever want to be decent at powerlifting I'm gonna have to bulk up to 275+.

    I've seen videos where guys like Jim Wendler or Dave Tate joke about not being able to tie their shoes or wipe their ass. Is this true? I can only imagine being a superheavyweight powerlifter must be even tougher.
    Over 310 I cannot tie my shoes. At 328.5 I was really close to not being able to wipe. I used to have to stand and prop my arm against the sink to get back there. I would usually sweat, be out of breath, and end up with a terrible lat cramp. I was definitely showering a lot more often those days. I hit my lifting goal so it was worth it for me. I am however much happier at 290. Being a heavy is tough, but it sure am nice being BIG!


    Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

    My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

    "The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

  15. #15
    Eat Train Sleep Kenny-SFW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Out of my mind.
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangers View Post
    I'm curious whether or not being a superheavyweight significantly impacts one's daily life? I'm 6'1'' and realistically if I ever want to be decent at powerlifting I'm gonna have to bulk up to 275+.

    I've seen videos where guys like Jim Wendler or Dave Tate joke about not being able to tie their shoes or wipe their ass. Is this true? I can only imagine being a superheavyweight powerlifter must be even tougher.
    Your on your way to big weight gain when.....

    ..... you get a cramp in your lats while wiping your ass.
    ..... you try to get up out of bed and you rock yourself back to sleep.
    ..... you get out of the shower and towel yourself dry then five minutes later your soaked again.
    ..... you get a face pump while eating foods like bagels.
    Last edited by Kenny-SFW; 09-16-2008 at 05:59 PM.

  16. #16
    GFH Lones Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    6,863
    Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Over 310 I cannot tie my shoes. At 328.5 I was really close to not being able to wipe. I used to have to stand and prop my arm against the sink to get back there. I would usually sweat, be out of breath, and end up with a terrible lat cramp. I was definitely showering a lot more often those days. I hit my lifting goal so it was worth it for me. I am however much happier at 290. Being a heavy is tough, but it sure am nice being BIG!
    i was 330 pounds as well, but i am 6'3. i couldn't tie my shoes. i can't imagine having a frame like yours and being up there Vin.

    it is all a matter of how bad you want it.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

    825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

  17. #17
    The Project KarstenDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny-SFW View Post
    ..... you get a face pumping
    You must love being big.
    Roll Tide.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny-SFW View Post
    Your on your way to big weight gain when.....

    ..... you get a cramp in your lats while wiping your ass.
    ..... you try to get up out of bed and you rock yourself back to sleep.
    ..... you get out of the shower and towel yourself dry then five minutes later your soaked again.
    ..... you get a face pump while eating foods like bagels.

    Dude, beef jerky is the worst!!!

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    523
    Correction...they have THREE in and out burgers around the center of vegas lol!, and 12 top notch class buffets as well. The only drawback to vegas is if your an out of towner without hot women with you, getting into the top clubs is difficult unless you know someone that is if you like the nightclub scene like I do. Fifty dollar cover charges are typical in the top spots along with 15 dollar mixed drinks. Make sure you check out PF CHANGS if you like chinese food, world class. Vegas has been very, very good to me in many ways. Good luck to everyone competing, you will have a blast here in Sin City. If you need to work out the best and pretty much the only power gym is Golds on Flamingo and Sandhill. If you guys need advice on where to stay, where to eat, nightclubs etc, pm me.

    Semper Fi

Similar Threads

  1. Lee Priest interviews stolen from Elite
    By The_Chicken_Daddy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 11:18 PM
  2. Westside 'Til You Die!
    By silles in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 05:49 AM
  3. Mr Olympia 2003
    By Airflight89 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-14-2003, 07:11 PM
  4. Olympia
    By Dirk in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-14-2002, 08:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •