Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think this forum talks bollicks sometimes.

I think this forum talks bollicks sometimes.

I always hear on here that steroids won't get you anywhere without proper diet. If this is the case how can 2 of my friends who were not big previously and have not changed their diet blow up huge very quickly and get a lot stronger. Steroids is a major advantage and not just a supplement to help you on your way.

Banned
    Um...ok...

Couldn't find IAMBUFF.COM
    Thanks for sharing; but just imagine how effective and healthy they could be if done properly.

What exactly did you hope to accomplish with this thread?

hey guys, lets try to control the bollicks here.
    Sarvamangalam!

1. This isn't the steroids section.
    2. How do you know what your friends' diets are? Do you live with them?
    3. Bollicks.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzee View Post
    I always hear on here that steroids won't get you anywhere without proper diet. If this is the case how can 2 of my friends who were not big previously and have not changed their diet blow up huge very quickly and get a lot stronger. Steroids is a major advantage and not just a supplement to help you on your way.
    lol
    Well your correct, most here are stating do some research and know what your doing before using. Get some time under belt before,,using a illegal product....The idea of getting as many of ducks in a row before doing.....

Heck know one said they don't work, it's a major advantage or peeps wouldn't do it and keep doing it.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Have they stopped their cycles yet and lost most to all of their gains? If not, they will......or they'll just keep up with the roids. It's a vicious cycle - you get big and you think, wow, this is cool. Then you go off of them and lose most (if not all) your size. Then to get the size back, you go back on.
    I've seriously thought about using them, but I don't think the risks are worth it AND, I'm still not to my genentic limits, yet.
    Give chalk a chance.

49 years old

665 squat
    700 deadlift
    325 bench

I am just on about the times when people say Steroids won't work unless you are on a proper diet also. If these people have stayed the same size for years and then blow up after 6-8 weeks on steroids I think it's safe to assume your diet doesn't have to be that good for steroids to have a major effect.

Wannabebig Member
    I am just on about the times when people say Steroids won't work unless you are on a proper diet also. If these people have stayed the same size for years and then blow up after 6-8 weeks on steroids I think it's safe to assume your diet doesn't have to be that good for steroids to have a major effect.
    As a long time reader of these forums, I got the impression that the locals tell you that to see the maximum possible gains when using steroids, a good diet is essential. No-one claims that steroids are ineffective, but its up to each one of us to do our own cost benefit analysis before choosing whether or not to get on the juice.

People still say bollicks?
    8:45 Heaven

Whats a bollicks?

Banned
    I think its suppose to be spelled with an "0" instead of an "I".Its an English thing.If you type it in that way,it will print as a curse word.Try it.
    Last edited by Tennessee Mike; 09-04-2008 at 01:11 PM.

Banned
    bollicks

so it does....
    Last edited by Reko; 09-04-2008 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMonkey View Post
    hey guys, lets try to control the bollicks here.
    LAWL.

What do you mean by a *good* diet? If you're not eating enough calories you're not going to grow, period. You can't make muscle out of nothing. Steriods could have done several things to influence their metabolism and diet. Maybe on steriods your friends were hungrier and ate a lot more, meaning they have enough calories to grow, or maybe their body uses each calorie more efficiently so by eating the same amount they can grow.

I don't think anyone meant that you have to get "1.5676 grams of protein and 12.3 calories per lb of bodyweight" on steroids, or else you're not going to grow. Just having more testosterone and growth hormones in your system is going to magically make your muscles explode.
    Stats: 11/15/07-First-meet--2nd Meet----3rd meet
    Weight: 185-----187---------198---------198
    Max Bench: 255---220-----------280------300
    Max Squat: 405----395----------440------460
    Max Dead:475-----485----------551------570
    CHINUPS - Bodyweight + 135, x1, dead hang. Still working on the one arm chinup.

Another thing on this forum is the looking down at people who wear gloves. I usually get blisters below 3 of my fingers and today the skin ripped of my hand. Screw you guys I'm wearing gloves!

Banned
    Another thing on this forum is the looking down at people who wear gloves. I usually get blisters below 3 of my fingers and today the skin ripped of my hand. Screw you guys I'm wearing gloves!
    Put the bar where its trying to go anyways and it wont be an issue.

Work in Progress
    Gloves will increase the friction against the bar thus reducing the amount of force you must apply in order to grip it correctly, thus making you weaker.
    6'1" 250 lbs

310 Bench
    385 Squat
    460 Deadlift

1155 Total (raw)

I "was" getting tired... 40 Nunc's Avatar
    Do you spend more money on your gym membership or your manicures?

Quote Originally Posted by Szust View Post
    Gloves will increase the friction against the bar thus reducing the amount of force you must apply in order to grip it correctly, thus making you weaker.
    "If you insist on wearing gloves, make sure they match your purse." - Mark Rippetoe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    "If you insist on wearing gloves, make sure they match your purse." - Mark Rippetoe
    bah, you beat me to it

What do you do when you have to lift something heavy that might scuff up your hands? It's kinda like using a monster truck for commuting.
    Sarvamangalam!

Work in Progress
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    I wasn't promoting their use.

And that's a great quote.
    6'1" 250 lbs

310 Bench
    385 Squat
    460 Deadlift

1155 Total (raw)

My own personal trainer dumbbell's Avatar
    First it's 'roids, now it's gloves. Is this just a thread to bash this forum or what?

Why are you here?

Jason

It is currently a fad, at this writing, for boys to think they need a "six pack", although most of them don't have an ice chest to put it in.
    -Mark Rippetoe

Quote Originally Posted by Szust View Post
    I wasn't promoting their use.

And that's a great quote.
    My bad, quoted the wrong person.

Why don't you post something productive? to be honest, no one cares about what you think. you are just going to get made fun of with comments like these.

if you don't like it here, leave.
    Last edited by Lones Green; 09-04-2008 at 05:58 PM.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com