The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

DIPS: a thin line b/w chest , shoulders and triceps

Do you do "dips" for chest, tri's or shoulders? Or all of them ? Which day do you do 'em? Chest, tri's or shoulders? Any specific technique doing dips to hit one part more than the other?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I do them for shoulders, tris, and chest. It's a great compound excercise, and I incorporate it on my chest/tris day
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

As for technique, I heard that if you lean forward more, or bend your elbow past 90 degrees, you'll incorporate more chest, but that could be hogwash for all I know
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    Manveet that is TRUE. The more you lean forward the more you incorparate you chest. I use them for shoulders and tri's mainly, I stay completely straight up and down with no leaning and do them that way. Dips are great but I think that I can work chest other ways then that.
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

when u do dips for triceps, how do u do them? i kno for chest u lean forward but for triceps im not so sure
    weight: 155?
    height: 5'9"

-LONGER TERM GOALS-
    benchpress: 275x1
    military press: 160x1
    deadlift: 405x1

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    You do them as straight as possible. Trying not to lean at all or just slightly. That is the only difference in the two.
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

ahh i see , thanx for clearing that up
    weight: 155?
    height: 5'9"

-LONGER TERM GOALS-
    benchpress: 275x1
    military press: 160x1
    deadlift: 405x1

I do them twice.

For chest, I do 2 sets on the wide grip part of the dip bars. I bend my knees so that my calf is parallel to the floor and I lean as far forward as possible.

For tri's, I do them at the narrow part with my feet hanging straight down and my body is straight up and down. I do 2 sets of these.

Now... My sets currently consist of 5 reps or under because that's all I can do. I'm trying to build up that excersize.

-t

Quick question on dips, how much difference does it make if your elbows go past 90 degrees?

Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

I have always used them for my chest training. For me, they hit my chest as hard as bench presses.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    for triceps, stay up right, and just bend your elbows more to bring yourself down. I do them for tri's

Canadian
    Dips are a great exercise for the entire shoulder girdle, chest and also involve the tris like any pressing exercise. If you go below 90 degrees this will increase your ROM. I believe this is a good thing.
    "Discipline is never an end itself, only a means to an end." - Robert Fripp