The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Ohio....

Banned

Ohio....

So who else from Ohio got rocked by the hurricane winds on sunday? I know quite a few people on here live in Columbus / Cinncinati / Dayton

We had over 700,000 people without power the first 2 days and they said it was about 2 million people across ohio without power.

I finally got mine back today after 4 days without it, pretty harsh to just completely stop. Compared to the southern states and texas we got off pretty lightly, we didnt get flooded or anything and some places were still open but it's pretty scary to experience

Was pretty wierd to see people just wander around like zombies with no idea what they should do, like 1 in 20 gas stations were open, lines at the few fast food places was 1 hour minimum at any time of day, people were looting, every traffic signal was broken, power lines down everywhere even on peoples houses with live wires starting fires and they couldnt even call it in unless there cell phone still had some juice left. Then when it finally stops people work together to help clear the debris and then those real dirtbag people come out and offer to cut trees for money upfront and then run off or they hurt themselves on people property purposely inorder to sue people. just amazing people do this even after a disaster.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    **** happens. I went through those 4 hurricanes in 04, it was just boring. I recall walking through dark ass streets around my neighborhood with my cousin to get to Taco Bell and chill, lol. Fun times.

power was down for 24 hours on my street....

hadda throw most of my fridge stuff out.

most everyone I know took it all in stride.
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

I didn't have power for 2 days. Wasn't a real big deal. Since I'm on city water I still had water pressure. We got a bunch of people together and grilled out, played some games etc to pass the time. Once the storm was over we helped each other clean up their lawns and downed trees.

I will say one thing, I'm buying a generator. Thats the kind of thing that when you need it you really need it. I did lose a good amount of meat unfortunatly. ah well, life goes on

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

I live in south east texas we lost power for 4 days also. I live about 20 minutes from Galveston so we got off pretty well I think.

They reported about 2.2 million center point energy customers down. Thats gone down signifigantly since then but that was the high point.
    Last edited by method115; 09-18-2008 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    I didn't have power for 2 days. Wasn't a real big deal. Since I'm on city water I still had water pressure. We got a bunch of people together and grilled out, played some games etc to pass the time. Once the storm was over we helped each other clean up their lawns and downed trees.

I will say one thing, I'm buying a generator. Thats the kind of thing that when you need it you really need it. I did lose a good amount of meat unfortunatly. ah well, life goes on
    I'm going to buy one too, and I'll probably just get it rated high enough for the furnace and a few other important circuits.
    I have a fireplace, but this storm made me realize that many days without power could become more than a minor problem.
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

Yeah, the local Honda dealership sells some pretty good ones. Much as I don't particularly care for honda cars, you really can't beat their utility motors

I have electric heat, but I got to thinking that if this had happened during the winter I'd really be up a creek. Plus I want to be able to run my fridge and freezer. Just the important stuff.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

I live in texas.......still no power or water

Banned
    my lights just flickered a little bit, im lucky i have power as allot of people in my area dont still, i walked out in the windstorm sunday when i was drywalling, and it was pretty wicket with all the wind.